Engine made a gurgling sound then bogged down.

I think this is a the right place, it's an old bike but it's about the 2 stroke engine. I'd been riding for about 20/30 minutes, not necessarily riding hard either and then sound stopped coming out of the exhaust and more from underneath me. Like a low clicking or bubbly sound. I put the bike in neutral to inspect it and absolutely nothing looked different. Tried to kick it and there's no compression whatsoever. Still making the bubbly sound each time i kicked. The sound is still coming from underneath me with little to no compression. Prior to this it was starting on the first kick each time. What could it be? I always make sure the fuel/Oil is well mixed before I start and I just have no idea what it could be. Any answers?
Thanks in advance

What is the bike? Like already said, something went haywire internally and you're going to have to pull it apart, but if we knew what the bike was might be able to offer more concise advice. [emoji6]

It's a suzuki Condor 3. I haven't had it for long, but it's pretty much identical to its puch counterpart. When the problem first came up, it sounded there was a rattle internally. But after about 5 minutes and wheeling it back home [emoji84] the rattling stopped and now it just sounds kinda different when it's pushed. It should be going into the garage the week after next but just trying to diagnose the problem before hand.

I think the problem will be with the oil/fuel mixture. I'm running it at 40:1 And for the past week I've ridden it everyday apart from yesterday. I guess even though I gave the old bird a good shake this morning, it wasn't enough.
Are pistons very specific parts that vary greatly from model to model. I'm thinking of the availability of parts

It's a 49cc from the late 80s/early 90s. It has the serial number on the frame, so I could check that for the specific year.

Though from what you've said I don't think the fuel mixture was the problem because I'd used a Jerry can and shook it well only 6 days ago when I refuelled.

Thanks for your help, I have no idea what it could be.

I can post a video tomorrow so you can hear it. It might help

4 hours ago, suzukiricky said:

It's a 49cc from the late 80s/early 90s. It has the serial number on the frame, so I could check that for the specific year.

Though from what you've said I don't think the fuel mixture was the problem because I'd used a Jerry can and shook it well only 6 days ago when I refuelled.

Thanks for your help, I have no idea what it could be. 

Very possible the top end gave out due to age - wear and tear still occurs even with properly mixed fuel over the years. Hard to say exactly what gave out but you will find out pretty quick once the heads off. You will need to find out it's exact year to find what parts you will need. Most parts are likely readily available, in either aftermarket or OEM forms. 

• Like 1

Very possible the top end gave out due to age - wear and tear still occurs even with properly mixed fuel over the years. Hard to say exactly what gave out but you will find out pretty quick once the heads off. You will need to find out it's exact year to find what parts you will need. Most parts are likely readily available, in either aftermarket or OEM forms. 

It's true what you say. I live in Spain and the Puch/Suzuki bikes that used the same engine, pop up all the time on the Spanish Craig's List equivalent so the parts shouldn't be too hard to get hold of. Thanks for the response!
I just need to decipher the serial number or whatever it's called from the frame. It's a wicked little bike, can't wait to get it running again.
  • Like 1

I don't know whether anyone is looking for a laugh, but after a bit of diagnosing, done by myself. I found the sauce [emoji479] of the problem. 20171114_123814.jpg

This will be the reason I could hear a rattling sound and why the sound sounded like it came from underneath me.
If I had the tools I could probably fix the thing myself but it's going back into the shop to be checked over and whatnot soon so, no need to worry!

1 hour ago, suzukiricky said:

I don't know whether anyone is looking for a laugh, but after a bit of diagnosing, done by myself. I found the sauce emoji479.png of the problem. 20171114_123814.jpg

This will be the reason I could hear a rattling sound and why the sound sounded like it came from underneath me.
If I had the tools I could probably fix the thing myself but it's going back into the shop to be checked over and whatnot soon so, no need to worry!

The plug was loose? 

2 hours ago, suzukiricky said:

I don't know whether anyone is looking for a laugh, but after a bit of diagnosing, done by myself. I found the sauce emoji479.png of the problem. 20171114_123814.jpg

If the plug came loose, that's not a huge deal. Just as long as the threads didn't come out with it. 

If the plug came loose, that's not a huge deal. Just as long as the threads didn't come out with it. 

Yeah, I know. But I've only ridden the bike a handful of times and I'm already encountering a fair few problems which the shop have offered to sort out so I'm taking advantage of that