2008 200, is the exhaust control assembly separated from the bottom end?

Hi

I had some technical difficulties, the PV assembly came loose. One of those small roller bushings fell down where the control arm comes up.

From the looks of the side cover gasket and based on my memory that control shaft compartment is separated from the bottom end.

If thats the case the bushing isn't going to do any damage bouncing around in there and I'll get it out later...

This shows a good picture of what im talking about:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Inner-Clutch-Cover-KTM-125SX-125-SX-Case-Casing-Cracked-2000-2008/182868783067?epid=15008349504&hash=item2a93d42fdb:g:o4IAAOSwZqZZ-Q~6&vxp=mtr

Bummer, I don't think it goes down into the crank area, but is going to be down in the centrifugal mechanism that makes that arm move. I'd go on KTM World or something like that and look at a parts fisch/schematic. You might luck out and be able to get a small magnet down in there.

Just take off the front cover beside the water pump cover and retrieve it. It can't go anywhere as the lever which runs from the timer to connect to the one with the flat ball end runs through a bearing, so the shaft hole to the timer is effectively blocked off. The bush is made of steel so best retrieve it. Not even going to ask how you managed to drop it down there!! lol Bob.

• Like 1

If I understand you right,you dropped one of the 6 roller bushings on which the PV Control Shaft Segment rotates on.( Page # 12 Picture # 67 and # 72 in your parts book).This little 6 roller bushings are needed to let the power valve operate smoothly. Unfortinately in order to refit it you have to take the cylinder off and open the PV cover on front of the cylinder.

Are we talking about the same thing or something else???

4 minutes ago, Clasen_Motors_KTM said:

If I understand you right,you dropped one of the 6 roller bushings on which the PV Control Shaft Segment rotates on.( Page # 12 Picture # 67 and # 72 in your parts book).This little 6 roller bushings are needed to let the power valve operate smoothly. Unfortinately in order to refit it you have to take the cylinder off and open the PV cover on front of the cylinder.

Are we talking about the same thing or something else???

Correction 200 2008 engine parts book.Page # 18 Picture # 67 + 72..

4 minutes ago, Clasen_Motors_KTM said:

I presume that is what he is referring to although he said they are alloy which they aren't. Maybe he'll enlighten us to how the pv assembly came loose and how it dropped down. Can only happen if he's had the engine out and presumably not taken the cylinder off before doing whatever he was going to do. Interesting. Bob.

I presume that is what he is referring to although he said they are alloy which they aren't. Maybe he'll enlighten us to how the pv assembly came loose and how it dropped down. Can only happen if he's had the engine out and presumably not taken the cylinder off before doing whatever he was going to do. Interesting. Bob.

They are a alloy, brass. [emoji15]