Riding again after another set of broken ribs!

First time about seven years ago. Clipped a fallen Joshua tree on the side of the trail. Four broken ribs on my right side in a vertical line with a punctured collapsed lung, partial shoulder separation. Chest tube installed on blood thinners from massive bruising. Five days in the trauma ward, another two weeks at home living in a recliner and back on the bikes after a month. Last January six broken ribs total in three different locations on my left side and another punctured lung, chest tube, damaged shoulder although not separated. On blood thinners again, six days in the trauma ward, living in my recliner this time for three weeks and back on the bikes after six weeks! One month ago cracked two ribs on my right side again with no hospital visit this time as by now I'm a collapsed lung expert! Some nasty bruising but I now also know when blood thinners are required! Didn't have to live in my recliner this time! I know, sounds like I'm making this up! Anyway back on the bikes again! Video from last Friday on my Service Honda built 500AF! I've decided to slow down for a while!

Do you wear plastic chest protector?  Maybe the AF little to much :ride:  Glad to see you don't give up man goodjob coming back:thumbsup: Take it easy 

6 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Do you wear plastic chest protector?  Maybe the AF little to much :ride:  Glad to see you don't give up man goodjob coming back:thumbsup: Take it easy 

I wear a FOX Raptor which I think is one of the better suits right now? I use to wear a Rock Gardn ballistic suit that had decent rib protection but it wore out and they don't make them anymore. Looks like they are almost out of business now catering to mountain bikers? This last time I landed on a rock under my arm pit where the suit has no protection. I was on my KTM this last time I cracked ribs. I have only knocked myself unconscious on the 500AF! Looking at a Pro Bull rider's vest with a U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket over the top of it! Going to be hot and bulky but better than broken ribs! Lol!

Look into snowmobile/snowboard gear. I've read they have some gear similar to bull riding/equestrian gear.

20 hours ago, Padilen said:

Look into snowmobile/snowboard gear. I've read they have some gear similar to bull riding/equestrian gear.

Where is that available? Thanks.

I saw snowboard gear in back country catalogs. And on line for equestrian. I'll try to find some links.