Rear brake assembly compatibility

Hi all! I have an air leak somewhere in my rear brake system, after rebuilding the master cylinder didn't fix it, I decided to replace the whole system. I have a 2006 DRZ 400s, will a 2008 DRZ 400s brake assembly be compatible? Thanks for the help!

yes exact same part numbers from master cylinder to caliper

Only differences in brake systems, as far as i know, is from S/E/Kick to SM.  The SM uses a different rear caliper bracket and size rotor(240mm vs 220mm on the S i think).  But all other braking parts will swap.  

Out of curiosity what symptoms do you have and what else have you tried.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:30 PM, shift1313 said:

Only differences in brake systems, as far as i know, is from S/E/Kick to SM.  The SM uses a different rear caliper bracket and size rotor(240mm vs 220mm on the S i think).  But all other braking parts will swap.  

Out of curiosity what symptoms do you have and what else have you tried.

Alright thanks! The rear brake is so soft i have to push down as hard as i can to get any stopping power. I have bled it myself and even had it professionally flushed, it will work for a few applications and slowly lose power after bleeding. I have rebuilt the master cylinder with news seals. the bike does have 16,000 miles so I am thinking that it's time to replace the assembly anyways. I found a whole entire rear brake assembly for $60 on ebay, gonna throw that on this weekend!

Edited by Rebeljah

mine was fine still at 30k miles of off and on road use....  Hard to say.  Are you loosing fluid?  You can adjust where the pedal kicks in by adjusting the jamb nut on the master cylinder.  How much brake pad is left? 

Or are the caliper pins rusted and not allowing it to self center and clamp good on the rotor.