Broken radiator mount

So I noticed my lower radiator frame mounts on my crf250 have broken off...

My question is do I take it to a machine shop an see if they can make some new mounts or what? Any help would be appreciated..thanks

I'd be interested to see some pictures otherwise with out seeing the issue I would think a good local welder could fix it.

I only ride woods/technical terrain and I put on Devol rad guards/braces AFTER I destroyed a rad on my 05 CFR250R and IMO good guards/braces help can prevent most issues and worth the $$$.

Ya I have the works connection braces on it....I'm bout to get new radiators but wanna get the mount fixed before I do

IMG_20171112_125443621.jpg

IMG_20171112_125448428.jpg

It's kinda hard to see but the mount is completely broken off

IMG_20171112_125502791.jpg

An you can see the other side is starting to crack also

Find a welding shop that can do aluminum. Take a few minutes to stick them back on with a TIG.

It broke off somewhere on the trail..I don't have it

3 minutes ago, Crfbraapper said:

It broke off somewhere on the trail..I don't have it

A good welding shop can make one for you too.

2 minutes ago, Crfbraapper said:

It's kinda hard to see but the mount is completely broken off

IMG_20171112_125502791.jpg

An you can see the other side is starting to crack also

So its the mounts on the frame not the rads and it looks like your missing the bracket from the left side?

If so, I broke my sub frame and had shop what does marine fabrication make a plug to go inside the frame and weld it up for a case of beer and IMO better than new :) so IMO a good fab shop/welder can fix that but wait and give them the new rads/guards so they get the mounts lined up correctly.

The first pic happened 2nd to last day of a 6 day dirt bike/camping trip and I was able to do a camp site repair to get one more day in :)

20160804_171729.thumb.jpg.fa41102a6e46840ad40f6e8ec2911dd5.jpg20160817_185907.jpg.d5d77b3c2a101046bfb590a9066e1e2b.jpg

Ya the frame mount is what's actually broken off

32 minutes ago, Crfbraapper said:

Ya the frame mount is what's actually broken off

Unfortunate BUT fixable as the suggestions in my last post :)

Good luck and if you feel like it, keep us posted on how it works out for you.

EDIT: I just had a closer look at my CRF250R and...

Firstly make sure the top frame mounts are not cracked/bent as well.

Secondly the bottom frame mount piece that is missing obviously will need to be made AND tapped to accept the mounting bolt so to repeat my self, when you take it to the shop leave every thing as is and take the new rads etc so they can line up everything correctly

Edited by filterx