Riding pants for thick thighs

I have a son, 14 years old, 6'3", 250 pounds and size 15 feet. And he's still growing. He is your typical offensive tackle on football. The problem is getting riding gear to fit him. The boy has really thick thighs. Right now he has fox pants with a 38" waist, which is wider than he needs in the waist, but they are super tight on his thighs. Are there riding pants that are a little more "generous" in the thigh area? I don't want to have to go to a 42" waist just to get something big enough in the thigh for him. Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

Okay, so.... this is a easy solution.  Nevermind the above statement.  

Take a pair of scissors and cut down from just below the waist down the the knees (on his pants of course lol).

Then take a needle and thread and go to work resowing but make sure when you resow that you do it very loosely so he doesn't have the same problem again ok?

(P.S. Jk)

I have a son, 14 years old, 6'3", 250 pounds and size 15 feet. And he's still growing. He is your typical offensive tackle on football. The problem is getting riding gear to fit him. The boy has really thick thighs. Right now he has fox pants with a 38" waist, which is wider than he needs in the waist, but they are super tight on his thighs. Are there riding pants that are a little more "generous" in the thigh area? I don't want to have to go to a 42" waist just to get something big enough in the thigh for him. Thanks for any help.

I’m a 15 year old 6,2 250 pound defensive nose guard and I wear fly racing f16 stuff they always make it big and comfortable I have fly racing maverick boots my calf’s are big so I bought 2 sizes bigger and they are huge on me I can still buckle all the straps and tuck my pants in my boots no problem if u guys are anywhere around the Omaha let me know and ill go riding with him
  • Like 2

I’m a 15 year old 6,2 250 pound defensive nose guard and I wear fly racing f16 stuff they always make it big and comfortable I have fly racing maverick boots my calf’s are big so I bought 2 sizes bigger and they are huge on me I can still buckle all the straps and tuck my pants in my boots no problem if u guys are anywhere around the Omaha let me know and ill go riding with him

Also I would get him a size 42 because fly racing makes it so u can adjust the waist band

You could get the 42s and get some clip on suspenders to keep them from falling down. I do have the Fly F-16s (because they were on clearance!) and don't have any thigh issues. 6-2 250 size 13 with thunder thighs. 

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1

Yet another vote for Fly gear here.

Being a bigger guy myself I used to wear Fox and Thor, but I always felt like I was going to bust out of them even if I ordered a size bigger.

Once I bought my first pair of FLY pants (used on ebay for 10.00) I have NEVER worn another brand of gear for the last 12 years.

Edited by itsallbizz

Cheetah print leggings like the thick girls in rap videos. Stretch to fit!