What type of riding videos to you prefer

I ride a lot and edit a lot of videos and I am always curious what type of riding videos people prefer. 

1 angle POV riding vids with no music or with music?

Motovlog style vids?

multiple angle mixed with POV?

 

I love editing and putting my videos out there but don't get a ton of views so I am curious what other people that watch these videos on Youtube prefer

 

****I am talking about videos on youtube not professional level riding vids*****

 

Watch, like, comment, subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/user/tmeyer37/

Hate the music. It's always used to mask crummy videos.
Must be hard wide open riding to keep me interested. If it's in the woods it's gotta be scenic or daring.
I always like the motovlog once in a while.

No music, and for the love of anything sacred, NO vlog. I like the sound of the bike.

multiple angle mix, no music, no talking. Shut up and ride, lol.

I just watched a portion of the Carnegie one you have posted. That's the way to do it. What are you using that lets you know the grade percentage?

1 minute ago, morphrider said:

I just watched a portion of the Carnegie one you have posted. That's the way to do it. What are you using that lets you know the grade percentage?

The camera I use is the Garmin Virb Ultra 30, it has GPS and a few other sensors built into it. 

I usually like to put a song or two in here or there but also try to make sure it is in the background and doesn't over power the sound of the bike, especially in WOT situations :)

Running the Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 as well. Here is a list of all the sensors in this little beast. It also connects extremely fast and reliably to external heart rate and other sensors. Excellent camera. GoPro killer.

G-Metrix™ Data

Your camera can record these types of G-Metrix data using the built-in sensors.

Speed

Rotations

G-force

RPM

Pace

Altitude

Distance

Bearing

Lap times

Orientation

Lap count

Elevation

Jump height

Grade

Hang time

Pitch

Jump distance

Roll

GPS location

Vertical speed

Track shape and position

Vertical distance

Your camera can record these types of G-Metrix data using optional external sensors.

G-Metrix Data

Required Sensor

Heart rate

Compatible ANT‍+® heart rate monitor

Cadence

Compatible ANT‍+ bicycle cadence sensor

Power output in watts

Compatible ANT‍+ power meter

Temperature

Compatible ANT‍+ temperature sensor

Automotive data

Compatible Bluetooth® OBD-II sensor

7 minutes ago, LSHD said:

Running the Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 as well. Here is a list of all the sensors in this little beast. It also connects extremely fast and reliably to external heart rate and other sensors. Excellent camera. GoPro killer.

G-Metrix™ Data

Your camera can record these types of G-Metrix data using the built-in sensors.

Speed

Rotations

G-force

RPM

Pace

Altitude

Distance

Bearing

Lap times

Orientation

Lap count

Elevation

Jump height

Grade

Hang time

Pitch

Jump distance

Roll

GPS location

Vertical speed

Track shape and position

Vertical distance

Your camera can record these types of G-Metrix data using optional external sensors.

G-Metrix Data

Required Sensor

Heart rate

Compatible ANT‍+® heart rate monitor

Cadence

Compatible ANT‍+ bicycle cadence sensor

Power output in watts

Compatible ANT‍+ power meter

Temperature

Compatible ANT‍+ temperature sensor

Automotive data

Compatible Bluetooth® OBD-II sensor

I agree, its a great camera and I try to talk people into getting it instead of a Gopro whenever I get the chance. 

I have had some issues lately though with it not pulling up the Gmetrix right in the beginning of recording, seems like it happens more often during the first use after not being used for an extended period of time. You ever have that issue?

 

I think it needs to acquire the GPS, etc. I fire mine up while putting on my gear. Try to face the helmet at the staging area on something interesting, just in case it can be used later. Always works after that. Just don't forget to turn it back on if you turn it off when you get your gear on. :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, LSHD said:

I think it needs to acquire the GPS, etc. I fire mine up while putting on my gear. Try to face the helmet at the staging area on something interesting, just in case it can be used later. Always works after that. Just don't forget to turn it back on if you turn it off when you get your gear on. :thumbsup:

I usually turn it on while I am getting my bike warmed up but don't start recording, just turn the power on. I really noticed it last time I rode at Carnegie but that place is a deep valley with no cell signal so it might just be harder to acquire GPS there. 

4 hours ago, morphrider said:

I just watched a portion of the Carnegie one you have posted. That's the way to do it. What are you using that lets you know the grade percentage?

What about multiple angles like this one, this turned out really well for the most part imho but is a lot of work when going riding/filming solo. 

 

Edited by tmeyer37

That's a very cool riding network system you have available.

2 hours ago, morphrider said:

That's a very cool riding network system you have available.

Yeah we have some cool trails up here in northern ca. 

I've got a very different style I'm out to show the landscapes I ride through and where I have lunch and then keep riding . I only use my iPhone and I keep it in my pocket only very rarely will I strap it on the front of my home because I am paranoid I'll smash it and then I won't be able to get home as my maps are in it too. Part of the challenge is to keep the photos and videos in sequence tell the story of the ride and use the memories built in to the photo app on my iPhone to put out a decent video within an hour after my ride and upload it. Then enjoy the comments as my friends get jealous while I sip on my cocktail. This is so far less work and more pleasure . I realize this technique will work for everyone but I imagine a lot of people have no idea you can get this kind of results using the artificial intelligence built-in just thinking the video and photo cuts in sequence with the music it all happens automatically. try it

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5W_yqlUIQDjZTlya1p4c3NGZ3M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12wznTOBzZryJ0osOe-6NdozLfNXLk-EU

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PihqL-0rV-A87f5hOCWulCvBYVDT5-9z

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10SZES7BnLtVXEPryvJJ0ZXyZnKItsVuF

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxwA25cmQ9CtSFRmTnhZck5oNVU

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxwA25cmQ9CtcWQtUFBWYzBOUHc

NO MUSIC

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now