How to jump higher

I ride a yz125, I’m 6’3 idk if that has anything to do with it but I have a hard time getting air when jumping idk what I’m doing wrong. I stand up, I tried seat bouncing but I think I’m to long to transition into a standing position that quick lol

• Like 2

I ride a yz125, I usually stand in a neutral position when going up the face of jumps, I tried seat bouncing but since I’m 6’3 I can’t stand up super fast cause I’m so long lol does anyone have any recommendations 

2 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Im only half scrubber if that honestly anymore lol never got hurt jumping but have been knocked out lol

There was a case of a turn and subsequent jump where scrubbing just happened a little naturally. First couple times it freaked me out until I realized what was going on. Then I just let it happen more and more. Then I started to make it happen a little more. Pretty sure it wasn't much but wow it felt good. Yep, about a month later the track changed. 

32 minutes ago, GoneDirtBikeN said:

There was a case of a turn and subsequent jump where scrubbing just happened a little naturally. First couple times it freaked me out until I realized what was going on. Then I just let it happen more and more. Then I started to make it happen a little more. Pretty sure it wasn't much but wow it felt good. Yep, about a month later the track changed. 

Its jumps I carry alot of speed at , actually let off at face and coast the jump even big tables you just do it to slow yourself down. Just have to have the balls to go at jumps that fast and let off not using engine to power over , be ready of kicker or whatever.  But its really a great feeling . us vet riders call it a butt scrubb not a bubba scrubb that's for sure lol

Edited by Motox367

1 minute ago, Motox367 said:

Its jumps I carry alot of speed at , actually let off at face and coast the jump even big tables you just do it to slow yourself down. Just have to have the balls to go at jumps that fast and let off be ready of kicker or whatever.  But its really a great feeling 

I really don't follow that. You let off throttle going off the face? Really?

4 minutes ago, GoneDirtBikeN said:

Yes no engine power you can turn bike down lol it takes time :ride: you're not scrubbing if on the gas bike wants to go forward.  If don't let off id over jump alot of stuff. Any good B class mx'er does same thing id say. Bit has to become instinct and just happens as you get faster ?.  Its jumps that can carry lots of momentum on. Every track has them hope you understand 

Edited by Motox367

5 minutes ago, GoneDirtBikeN said:

OK, I guess I see and understand that. No way my mind is able to wrap around that enough at this point. I've got another fish to fry - a triple. Winter riding has already arrived here. Ruts are to die for but that tends to make me limit my jumping a bit. Like the triple had ruts on the landing yesterday - I took the double happily and powered through the straight ruts.

1 minute ago, GoneDirtBikeN said:

OK, I guess I see and understand that. No way my mind is able to wrap around that enough at this point. I've got another fish to fry - a triple. Winter riding has already arrived here. Ruts are to die for but that tends to make me limit my jumping a bit. Like the triple had ruts on the landing yesterday - I took the double happily and powered through the straight ruts.

Long as you land on the gas the rear will find one look to the end of them, you go off the rut filled face in one that you chose coming at it you'll more likely land at one just giver some gas that easy lol its not ik . if they were real bad id probably double also . 10 years ago I would've went for it and not thought twice.  

2 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Long as you land on the gas the rear will find one look to the end of them, you go off the rut filled face in one that you chose coming at it you'll more likely land at one just giver some gas that easy lol its not ik . if they were real bad id probably double also . 10 years ago I would've went for it and not thought twice.  

Oh, they were bad enough to double. Deep. A bit wide enough (well one or two was) to make you think, maybe, but then say naw. LoL

I like the track like this though. It was gnarly enough but still ride-able - respect the track!

Edited by GoneDirtBikeN
  • Like 1