TST Fender Eliminator Kit Install and review on 2017

Well I just completed the install of a TST fender eliminator kit with integrated tail light on my 2017. Thought I would post some pictures and thoughts.

First things first, I would definitely by this product again if I had to do it over. Packaging, price, and shipping time were all great. The kit seems well built and high quality as well. Only a few minor issues I ran into on install. The company does not send directions rather they have youtube videos of install. (high quality videos too and that I like). Its nice to be able to watch someone do it and pause when needed. Unfortunately they do not have any videos for the 2017 models and installation is different from the earlier models that they are using for their videos.  Once again not that big of a deal but something to note. There are just a few more wires to plug in and you have to find the relay flasher. My biggest complaint is that the bracket to hold brake light on that bolts to the frame with two bolts does not exactly fit. I had to grind out one of the bolt eyes in order to get both bolts to fit into frame. I contacted the company to let them know ( they were super quick to respond by the way) and they let me know they were aware of this issue and it was due to some different weld tolerances on 2017 model. I was a little aggravated when they said they were aware of this problem and it is not noted anywhere when ordering for a 2017.  It wasn't that bad of a fix, took a metal file and shaved some metal off the bracket. As stated earlier I am still super pleased with this product and would definitely recommend it. Just note a few things extra to do when ordering for a 2017. The LED brake light is super bright as well. 

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

• Like 2

Looks nice!

I have a 2017 CRF250L and installed the DRC Edge 2 Fender Eliminator Kit. Looks great, but the damn white license plate bulb just went out. I think it might be due to moisture building up in the housing. 

Keep us posted if you any issues.

4 minutes ago, JACOB JAKE said:

Looks nice!

I have a 2017 CRF250L and installed the DRC Edge 2 Fender Eliminator Kit. Looks great, but the damn white license plate bulb just went out. I think it might be due to moisture building up in the housing. 

Keep us posted if you any issues.

Will do ! 

1 hour ago, JACOB JAKE said:

I had the same initial concern with mine when I installed it. The unit does not seal up well so water will get inside. I coated everything in Belray water proof grease to repel moisture.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...