IRC M5B

I think i am going to try a m5b, but i can't find it in the right size, does anyone know where i can get a IRC M5B in 110/100/18? Thanks

Check Amazon but go for the 120 or 130. Your making a good decision. 

So i should get a 120/100/18?

Yup. That's the one. 

Honestly go for the 130 or even 140 if it's for anything bigger than a 125. I ran the 130 original m5b on my 250 2 stroke multiple times. Than bumped up to the 140 with the EVO. A 130 m5b is similar to other manufacturers 110.

I spent the whole season on an m5b this year. I had the 140 on. They are a great tire. Traction for days, almost too much sometimes. And they wear like iron. But depending on what your riding conditions are like watch what size you get. If you ride tight single track I wouldn’t get the 140. I like the tire but I found made the bike handle very street bike like. Saying that I mean it really feels like it takes extra work to get the bike to flip from one side to the other. Out in more open country not a big deal. In tight woods during a race I really started to feel it. Oh they are also very hard to trust on flat rock lol

12 hours ago, mixgashaulbass said:

So i should get a 120/100/18?

This size is not available in M5B's.  Your choices are: 120/80, 130/80, and 140/80 in 18" tires.  Note the newer Evo tires are slightly narrower than the standard (original) M5B's.

Is the only difference with the evo a narrower tire? Is it a big difference?i found a evo on amazon for a good price

18 minutes ago, Chas_M said:

This size is not available in M5B's.  Your choices are: 120/80, 130/80, and 140/80 in 18" tires.  Note the newer Evo tires are slightly narrower than the standard (original) M5B's.

You can get a 110/80/18. 

5 hours ago, bbde17 said:

I spent the whole season on an m5b this year. I had the 140 on. They are a great tire. Traction for days, almost too much sometimes. And they wear like iron. But depending on what your riding conditions are like watch what size you get. If you ride tight single track I wouldn’t get the 140. I like the tire but I found made the bike handle very street bike like. Saying that I mean it really feels like it takes extra work to get the bike to flip from one side to the other. Out in more open country not a big deal. In tight woods during a race I really started to feel it. Oh they are also very hard to trust on flat rock lol

I really like running the 120/18 on my 250F.

On November 13, 2017 at 8:29 AM, mixgashaulbass said:

Is the only difference with the evo a narrower tire? Is it a big difference?i found a evo on amazon for a good price

Supposedly The Evos have a softer rubber compound similar to 'hybrid' tires or trials tires. 

You can get a 110/80/18. 

The shop that I purchased my 110 had 4 in stock.

avoid the EVO.   it SUCKS!!!!!

im surprised no ones mentioned this... come on guys!!    everyone knows the m5b evo is junk.  I know guys that found the NON evo versions of the m5b and bought all 5-10 at once.  over $1000 in tires. people are hoarding them theyre so good and that scared that theyll become discontinued/hard to find.  theyre a little harder to find and trickier to get, but get the older version (non EVO) of the m5b and youll be way happier.  the evo seems to be 10% cheaper. way softer rubber, but literally lasts half as long. or worse.

give this a read... these cali guys know whats up, same with Jeff too, hes one of the top guys in the mx wheel/tire game.

the m5b is the best tire on the market.. almost TOO much traction sometimes IMO. I love em.

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1224505-irc-m5b-for-socal-riding-evo-or-non-evo/

Thanks for all the replies,I put on my m5b last night,I will let you know what I think of it

I have a 130-18 EVO on 2013 ktm 250 xcf-w it is same size as 110 stock bike came with 100-18

like it a lot

I just mounted the 140 EVO on our 300XT and the tire is awesome. I think perhaps terrain might effect peoples opinion of it. I bought it because we have a lot of sugar sand here, as well as mud and the tire works well in both. very confidence inspiring. 

I tried it out yesterday,best tire I have ever had,very happy with it,thanks for the help guys

Sent from my Z959 using ThumperTalk mobile app

5 hours ago, drumiv said:

I just mounted the 140 EVO on our 300XT and the tire is awesome. I think perhaps terrain might effect peoples opinion of it. I bought it because we have a lot of sugar sand here, as well as mud and the tire works well in both. very confidence inspiring. 

Why such a big tire on an XT? 

I went with the stock size.