YZ85 Problems.

Hey guys I just bought a 2007 yz85 yesterday . It has been doing some interesting things. It doesn't always shift (sticks in gear) keeping in mind this is not running. Also the kickstarter doesn't pivot from being folded you kinda have to force it across the frame in order for it to pivot. Oh yeah the clutch doesn't seem to disengage. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey guys I just bought a 2007 yz85 yesterday . It has been doing some interesting things. It doesn't always shift (sticks in gear) keeping in mind this is not running. Also the kickstarter doesn't pivot from being folded you kinda have to force it across the frame in order for it to pivot. Oh yeah the clutch doesn't seem to disengage. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey bud... Check out this vid for the kick starter.

Definitely check the clutch cable and make sure it is routed correctly and not over adj.’d. There should be a couple millimeters of play on the clutch lever. If that’s all good I would lay the bike on its side and inspect the cutch. Laying on its side prevents you from having to drain the oil. But if you plan to change the oil this is a good a time as any.

Rock the bike forward and backward when shifting. It's normal for it to not keep shifting if it isn't moving.

I've never owned a bike that totally disengaged when not running. I would definitely change oil, who knows what's in there. Once running if it still doesn't disengage the clutch basket is probably notched and will need filed or replaced

16 hours ago, ThatE30GUY said:

Hey guys I just bought a 2007 yz85 yesterday . It has been doing some interesting things. It doesn't always shift (sticks in gear) keeping in mind this is not running. Bike must be runnong or it is hard to shift. Or, you need to rock the bike and shift. Also the kickstarter doesn't pivot from being folded you kinda have to force it across the frame in order for it to pivot. I would think it was taken apart and installed incorrectly. Oh yeah the clutch doesn't seem to disengage. Get it running and report back. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

See bold.

21 hours ago, Myboyblue said:

Hey bud... Check out this vid for the kick starter.

Hey guys thanks for all the info I got most everything worked out I will change the tranny fluid soon.

Holy run on sentence.

• Like 1