Clutch Friction Disk Question... 08 / 13 Clutch Assembly...?

Ok, so I've got an 08 450r, and I picked up a brand new clutch assembly off of a 2013 450r (Cover plate, springs,.. the whole works...) This was included in a package deal and I couldn't pass it up. This clutch assembly was removed from the 13 bike right after purchase and a Hinson set up was installed - this was a pro race bike apparently... It's all rapped up in saran wrap from when it was removed from the bike, I haven't even opened it up to inspect it yet,.. probably tonight.

Anyway, I've been wanting to switch my 08 with a complete Hinson set up back to factory plates and disk for a better feel in the woods and figured the clutches from these two bikes would be the same (Or close anyway..) which they appear to be for the most part,.. but I have a couple of quick questions..

So,. .I looks like the Metal Clutch Plates are the same part number for each bike - Both have the same quantity of these plates as well ( 7 )

The main bulk of the fiber disk are the same as well, all though the 08 only has 6 of them, and the 2013 has 7.

On the 08, the first and last friction disk on the diagram are the same part number, but are listed/Identified separately for some reason... ???

On the 2013, only one of the friction disk is different (The first one that gets installed) and this one is a different part number.. 22201-MBN-670

So I guess I just need to purchase one of the friction disk to make the 2013 clutch assembly work for my 08??? - Part# 22201-MEN-A10

Thanks

Rick

Looks like #7 & #22 swapped places and different part numbers

you could try the setup as it is now or swap #7 & #8 on the 13

Ok so I picked up a couple of the friction disk the other day, and I took a look at the odd ball part number off of the 2013 clutch assembly - It is the same thickness - like if you were measuring it for wear, but it is narrower in the height or over all "OD" if you will,... not sure what that was about, but I'm going to do with a Stock 08 set up.

4 hours ago, WERNER1 said:

Ok so I picked up a couple of the friction disk the other day, and I took a look at the odd ball part number off of the 2013 clutch assembly - It is the same thickness - like if you were measuring it for wear, but it is narrower in the height or over all "OD" if you will,... not sure what that was about, but I'm going to do with a Stock 08 set up.

The '13, as well as later years up to current, uses a Judder spring that fits inside that thinner first friction plate. If you don't want to use a judder spring you just replace the spring and that first odd plate with a 7th "middle" plate. Many people, including myself did this on the 13's.

Thanks for the info! I am actually retro fitting a "New" clutch assembly from a 2013 onto a 2008 bike,.. but yeah, I'm just replacing that oddball disk with a "middle" one.