2018 Beta Fork guards rubbing

I'm noticing a lot of friction between my fork guards and fork tubes, I will take pics when I get home but wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem. I tried loosening the bolts to pull the guards AWAY from the forks, but I still seem to be getting a lot of rubbing. No beuno.

Let me know if 

A. You experienced or are currently experiencing this

B. Your solution, if any

thanks as always

BREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I put the green skf mud scrapers on to prevent the guards from rubbing and also protect the seals. Over 50 hours with no leaks yet.
Poorly designed fork guards for sure.

• Like 3

I'm noticing a lot of friction between my fork guards and fork tubes, I will take pics when I get home but wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem. I tried loosening the bolts to pull the guards AWAY from the forks, but I still seem to be getting a lot of rubbing. No beuno.
Let me know if 
B. Your solution, if any
thanks as always
Are you talking about your fork uppers or the lower stanchions? I want to keep an eye out on my new 17'.

18 minutes ago, Hoosier-Daddy said:

I put the green skf mud scrapers on to prevent the guards from rubbing and also protect the seals. Over 50 hours with no leaks yet.

Yea the little metal ring around the fork tube, looked severely rubbed last time I checked. I will check out the mud scrapers. I use to use industrial strength zip ties, extra wide, to let the fork guard ride and wear them out on my CRF450X. 

10 minutes ago, rehammer81 said:
55 minutes ago, NEGbrap said:
Let me know if 
B. Your solution, if any
thanks as always

Are you talking about your fork uppers or the lower stanchions? I want to keep an eye out on my new 17'.

the point where the upper fork tube and lower tube meet. There is a metal ring with a gap which can swivel around the fork. This is allready rubbed pretty hard on my 18, but I have been riding in muddy conditions. The inside of the plastic fork guard, especially on the brake side looks like crap. Ill attach pics later.

Not sure about a Beta but on my Honda CR I can adjust the clearance a little.  When tightening the bolts I pull the top part away from the uppers and hold that while I carefully tighten the screws. I start with the ones on the side and the front one last.

Loosen the brake line clamp and push the line down towards the caliper with the fork guard bolts loose, you will see this pushes the guard away from the fork. This has to be done on almost all Beta's at the dealer when they are new.

• Like 2

I filed down the sharp edges of the forks guards and it stopped wearing those metal rings on the forks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RMS83843 said:

Loosen the brake line clamp and push the line down towards the caliper with the fork guard bolts loose, you will see this pushes the guard away from the fork. This has to be done on almost all Beta's at the dealer when they are new.

Got it, ty will try.

Just now, kbro45 said:

I filed down the sharp edges of the forks guards and it stopped wearing those metal rings on the forks.

I will do this aswell. #SAVEMYFORKGUARDS2018

I put black zip ties just above that metal ring.  Did that a couple years ago and haven't had to replace the zip tie yet.

21 hours ago, Hoosier-Daddy said:

+1.  The best thing you can do, that green polymer is amazing in its abrasion resistance and will outlast the fork.  I have the same set for years!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GP said:

+1.  The best thing you can do, that green polymer is amazing in its abrasion resistance and will outlast the fork.  I have the same set for years!

Those look nice, but darn pricey. 

9 minutes ago, cachunko said:

Those look nice, but darn pricey. 

You get what you pay for.  This is one of those products that is really worth it and more.  Also protects the upper fork tube wiper/seal area (thin wall) from dings from rock impacts.  I'd put these on a new bike before I even ride it.

You get what you pay for.  This is one of those products that is really worth it and more.  Also protects the upper fork tube wiper/seal area (thin wall) from dings from rock impacts.  I'd put these on a new bike before I even ride it.

That’s what I did. I didn’t like the price originally but I will buy another set when I trash these. It looks like my tire has ground on them some. I was getting tired of replacing seals and bushings on my old bike chasing leaks all the time.

43 minutes ago, Hoosier-Daddy said:

That’s what I did. I didn’t like the price originally but I will buy another set when I trash these. It looks like my tire has ground on them some. I was getting tired of replacing seals and bushings on my old bike chasing leaks all the time.

Your tire has ground on them?  How wide of a tire?  I have the same set for over 350 hrs!  First on Zoke 48s, then on KYBs I swapped in.  The only issues I have seen with these is when guys have the full wrap fork guards like on GGs, they get snagged on the back side and pulled down.  Normally no issues at all.

Just looked up these SKF Mud Scrapers. I don't see them for Beta Sachs forks. Which ones are you guys installing? I'm assuming ones for another brand fork actually work with our Sachs?

Just looked up these SKF Mud Scrapers. I don't see them for Beta Sachs forks. Which ones are you guys installing? I'm assuming ones for another brand fork actually work with our Sachs?

48mm