Mako 360 by XC Gear or Fasst Flex Bars

So I am having some trouble with my throttle hand going numb and pushing silicone in the bars has done nothing thus far as far as vibration goes.  I am using the Pro Taper stock ktm / factory suzuki bend.  I heard less sweep is better but I don't know what for, is it supposed to help with being on top of the bike or arm pump, I don't know?  Now I am looking at pulling the trigger on the Fasst bars or the xc gear mako 360 bar mount.  The bar mount is $440, the Fasst bars are $335.  Has anyone had any luck with either or?  Either that or I try the threaded in bar inserts by Fasst.  https://www.fasstco.com/collections/motorcycle/products/threaded-anti-vibration-inserts

This is an over the winter project / decision so I am not rushing out to get this right here and now.  I am looking for help with a decision to maybe let me enjoy riding more.  I think my bar rise has something to do with my hand going numb as well.  I have a submount stabilizer with raises the bars 1" and ever since I started using this submount I been having issues.  

Thanks for any help.  

Chris 

TTT any opinions on the flex bars? 

Love the flex bars for their flexing action, but not sure they cut down on engine vibration coming through them.  The 2017 and newer 2 stroke KTM's though DO :applause:

Joe

So I am having some trouble with my throttle hand going numb and pushing silicone in the bars has done nothing thus far as far as vibration goes.  I am using the Pro Taper stock ktm / factory suzuki bend.  I heard less sweep is better but I don't know what for, is it supposed to help with being on top of the bike or arm pump, I don't know?  Now I am looking at pulling the trigger on the Fasst bars or the xc gear mako 360 bar mount.  The bar mount is $440, the Fasst bars are $335.  Has anyone had any luck with either or?  Either that or I try the threaded in bar inserts by Fasst.  https://www.fasstco.com/collections/motorcycle/products/threaded-anti-vibration-inserts
This is an over the winter project / decision so I am not rushing out to get this right here and now.  I am looking for help with a decision to maybe let me enjoy riding more.  I think my bar rise has something to do with my hand going numb as well.  I have a submount stabilizer with raises the bars 1" and ever since I started using this submount I been having issues.  
Thanks for any help.  

Chris 

You pull the trigger yet? I have the flex bars on one bike, looking@ mako 360 on the other. Flex bars definitely help but expensive if you brake them. I like the idea of stock bars fitting and replacing. Also flex bars have less room on the bars for mounts.

I bought the BRP moto upper triple clamps.  They are brand new.  They are a four post mount.  I love them.  I even filled the bars with sand today and I barely feel any vibrations.  

I had the flexx bars on my bike and my wife’s. The work ok but are heavy and we can fuel the weight in the steering. Especially in the tight technical single track

i switched to t mako to try the out.  Like them mice tetra day don’t feel any weight added to the steering. 

My wife has issues with her hands going numb. The flexx helped. But the mako alleviated it. She has the softest polymers. The reds on the bars. And the green on the shark bite. 

I use the greens on the bars and the blue on the shark bite. 

My 2cents for what it’s worth. 

Edited by J.Johnson

Twisted engineering bars cut out a lot of vibration and are far superior to the fast co bars.

Twisted engineering bars cut out a lot of vibration and are far superior to the fast co bars.

I agree had both but love the twisted engineering better . Have 3x going to buy a pair of 4x for my next bike

My hands go numb and I have silicon filled bars and run the mako360. I have noticed no change lol. Nice product and looks cool..

Got the Scotts/BRP rubber mount triple clamps and the fasstco flexx bars. Not a cheap setup, but it is nice

3 hours ago, orangyktmthing said:

Got the Scotts/BRP rubber mount triple clamps and the fasstco flexx bars. Not a cheap setup, but it is nice

If you were to go with only one or the other -- the BRP mounts OR the fasstco bars -- which would you get? E.g., which do you think does more for the money? (and is either one alone even enough to make much difference?)

If you were to go with only one or the other -- the BRP mounts OR the fasstco bars -- which would you get? E.g., which do you think does more for the money? (and is either one alone even enough to make much difference?)

I would do the flexx bars. The BRP clamps are nice, but I really don't think that they are as noticeable as the bars. I also have experience with the ktm powerparts/xtrig PDHS handlebar mounts. I had them installed with the flexx bars and also had them installed with regular handlebars. I actually like the pdhs mounts and they are the least expensive in the hierarchy. I haven't tried either the mako mounts or the twisted engineering bars, so I can't comment on either. Although, if I was to purchase anything first, I would find a set of used pdhs mounts and buy the green elastomers and you will be in for about 120 to 140 bucks. Not that the flexx bars are worst, but by the time that you have everything needed, you can be upwards of 400 bucks into bars/bark busters.