MP chain tool

Greetings all, long time no see

Got a question re chain fitting. Picked up a new did x ring chain & sprocket after snapping the chain. I have one of those Motion Pro mini chain press tools, which I think is for the clip style master link and wont rivet the master link. Tool as per link below, any good for what I need? I want to rivet the link...

https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0070-Chain-Press/dp/B000WJEIZM

That tool will not rivet a master link. 

12 minutes ago, dturk said:

I want to rivet the link...

screenshot.2.jpg.d0cb706228748c05b49405d9dfe13a53.jpg

That's a mini. It might remove. Buy a kit that'll have 520, 525, 530, etc.
Great investment. You make its cost back first guy that needs a new chain put on.

lol I do feel a tit now...adding a link that answers my own question! In my defence I bought it off a sight without a description, but still that doesn't mean I'm not a tit haha!

Right, looks my chain install will be on hold for a little longer than I had envisaged. Kompact, the MP in your link looks awesome, but I'll be buying in the UK and that item costs about $20 more. How does the DRC version look?

https://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk/workshop__and__tools/motocross_tools/motocross_chain_tools/drc_hardware_pro_chain_breaker__and__riveting_tool

As an aside, I'm guessing the mini tool I have would be ideal for the trails if I carry a split link with me as an emergency recovery?

edit. just watched the video, I'm sold..MP PBR it is!

Edited by dturk
45 minutes ago, dturk said:

just watched the video, I'm sold..MP PBR it is!

You'll be happy you spent the money on it. For me it falls under the category "You'll enjoy the quality long after you forget the price".

I've got the MP trail tool and a few other bits & pieces, all great kit. Gotta hand it to them they really pay attention to detail.