VP Fuel Stations - Are these common?

They sell racing fuel inside in jugs. At the pumps they just have premium. I’ve ran their fuel several times. Never had issues just pricy like all race fuel.

• Like 2

Ethonal free at the pump?

I don't think so. I used to work right down the road from one and I'd chose their fuel over any other because prices are generally the same.

A VP station in a small town a little ways from me, they're just another gas station. This particular one doesn't even have race fuel in cans, just normal E10 gas at the pumps, beer, cigs, and a few convenience store type food items. Nothing special.

• Like 1

A VP station in a small town a little ways from me, they're just another gas station. This particular one doesn't even have race fuel in cans, just normal E10 gas at the pumps, beer, cigs, and a few convenience store type food items. Nothing special.

Have a feeling your talking about liberty indiana....

https://www.pure-gas.org is a great resource, but it is up to us users to update it and keep it current. I have corrected info on 4 of the 5 listed stations listed in my town, and your post reminded me to add a 6th station I found selling 100% gas just a few days ago. Now if one of them would just step up and start selling 93 octane...

Oddly Kroger, the grocery store chain, opened a large gas station here that has "REC-90" (ethanol free 90 octane) available right at the pumps with a dedicated nozzle.   That was a pleasant surprise.  I just hope they sell enough of it to keep it.

We have a few places that sell Sunoco race gas right at the pump but it's the unleaded stuff with ethanol in it.  I'm not aware of anyone selling the 114 octane leaded stuff at the pump.  In fact it might be illegal here since it would be illegal to pump that into any car on the road.

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 1

Rapid Roberts (Conoco) down the street from my house has no ethanol 91. The store next to our OHV use area has a dedicated no ethanol 91 pump. All the 87 is E10 here, but no ethanol premium is pretty common.

There was a VP station in town a while ago and their pumps had "VP StreetBlaze 100" which I think had ethanol and smelled a whole lot like 91 pump. Other than that, you could buy their race gas in pails.

It's now a 76 station or something. :( I go to the local oil supplier and have VP 110 pumped from their 55 gal drums.

Oddly Kroger, the grocery store chain, opened a large gas station here that has "REC-90" (ethanol free 90 octane) available right at the pumps with a dedicated nozzle.   That was a pleasant surprise.  I just hope they sell enough of it to keep it.

We have a few places that sell Sunoco race gas right at the pump but it's the unleaded stuff with ethanol in it.  I'm not aware of anyone selling the 114 octane leaded stuff at the pump.  In fact it might be illegal here since it would be illegal to pump that into any car on the road.

Doc

What location ? (cross roads)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Diverdown said:

What location ? (cross roads)

It's right in Lake Orion on Lapeer Road (M-24) North of Clarkston Road South of Atwater on the East side of the street.  They have a lot of pumps.  They have REC-90 at quite a few of them in their own dedicated nozzle.

Doc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 69fastback said:

I can buy VP110 at the local VP station. 

How much? Shipping costs kill those of us not close to a dealer / dist.

6 hours ago, 3rdMoto said:

How much? Shipping costs kill those of us not close to a dealer / dist.

I’m not even sure. I don’t buy any of it, but I’ll check the next time I’m over there. 

Just go down to your local airport FBO (fixed based operator) and buy some 100LL (low-lead) avgas. 

At $4-5 per gallon is is much cheaper than cutting race gas with pump gas for higher compression engines. We have been running it for years without any issues in stock bikes, and modified race 2 strokes. 100LL Avgas is rated at 100  octaine at full lean and closer to 110 octaine at full rich. No ethanol and a lead additive. 

Designed with a lower and more uniform vapor pressure to prevent vapour lock at altitude it is commonly used land vehicles as a cheaper alternative to $10/gallon race gas.