guijs

What is the best and lightest enduro boots on the market?

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking for a new enduro boot. I have been using only Alpinestars since I started riding 20+ years ago. Today I have a Tech 8 that I bought in 2011 and it is starting to fall apart.

What are the most lightweight (but still protective) boots on the market today? I do mostly technical trails and usually ride for 5-6 hours. I'm 6'4 (194cm) tall and a lot of times I have to raise my legs to pass on deep ditches, so weight is a very important factor as long it does not compromise protection.

All hi-end boots claim that they are the most lightweight on the market but surprisingly they never say their actual weight. From my research I read about Sidi Crossfire 3 SRS, Gaerne SG-12, Alpinestars Tech 8 RS, etc. I have also seeing good reviews of the Alpinestars Tech 7 Enduro version. Some people say that the hi-end boots more focused in MX (large jumps) and I should look for the mid-hi line of boots. Is this true?

I am currently wearing a pair of Sidi Crossfire 2 SRS boots and couldn’t be happier.  I’ve had the boots for three years and they are wearing very well.  Super lightweight, stay dry in wet conditions, I can feel the controls very well and it’s easy to replace the sole.  I loved my Gaerne SG-12 boots but they were very heavy and more geared towards MX. 

Gaerne 10’s ftw

Edit: not the lightest. But lighter than the 12’s I think. And I’m convinced gaerne makes the best boot.

Edited by Bobatsea

I ended up buying the new Tech 7 Enduro. it is very light, the lightest boot I ever had. Not as protective as the top of the line boots (that are more aimed at MX) but still decent protection. Also the sole grip is great. Unfortunately the buckles system are terrible. It keeps screwing on wines, roots and rocks. I never had this problem with other boots. it also takes forever and ever to dry.

i'll probably get a Sidi Crossfire srs 3 and keep the tech 7 as spare boot.