honda Cr 125 Issues

Hello, I'm having a couple problems out of my 2000 Cr 125 that I recently picked up about 2 months ago and wondering if anybody could help maybe point me in the right direction to fixing these problems.

1.) Little to no power in first gear (won't even pull front wheel off ground)
2.) When holding the bike in the powerband it will "kick in and out", out more then in though
3.) The bike is blowing quite a bit of splooge from all the exaust connection points and even dripping on my rear swingarm, I've tried changing my mix ratios from 32:1 to 36:1 to 40:1 and the problem still persist so I just stuck with 36:1

Also can't find an exact answer on what compression the bike is supposed to be running at.  I recently compression tested it and it read at about 120.

I've read up on these problems quite a lot but everybody says something different, everything from jetting, reeds, top end, ect..  Any sort of lead in direction would be highly appreciated!

Edited by Lovett

Bike is probably worn out, more than likely needs a rebuild, etc.

• Like 2

I haven't bothered to pull the bike apart yet was just seeing peoples input so I might would have an idea of what I would be getting into.  But a top end kit is on the parts list along with some new reeds.  It currently still has factory reeds so they are probably worn without even having to pull them and look at them.  Let's just hope the bottom end is holding together. 

Hello, I'm having a couple problems out of my 2000 Cr 125 that I recently picked up about 2 months ago and wondering if anybody could help maybe point me in the right direction to fixing these problems.
1.) Little to no power in first gear (won't even pull front wheel off ground)
2.) When holding the bike in the powerband it will "kick in and out", out more then in though
3.) The bike is blowing quite a bit of splooge from all the exaust connection points and even dripping on my rear swingarm, I've tried changing my mix ratios from 32:1 to 36:1 to 40:1 and the problem still persist so I just stuck with 36:1
Also can't find an exact answer on what compression the bike is supposed to be running at.  I recently compression tested it and it read at about 120.
I've read up on these problems quite a lot but everybody says something different, everything from jetting, reeds, top end, ect..  Any sort of lead in direction would be highly appreciated!

Clean the power valve. For #1 you might not be used to the little to no bottom end power on the a 125 if you have had bigger bikes. I have the exact same bike as you and I have to rev it right before the powerband and pull up to get it to wheelie.

10 minutes ago, Br0ck said:

Clean the power valve. For #1 you might not be used to the little to no bottom end power on the a 125 if you have had bigger bikes. I have the exact same bike as you and I have to rev it right before the powerband and pull up to get it to wheelie.

I've had a 06 yz 85 and ridden a couple 125's and this bike is just off.  This bike has no power in first gear can get it going faster by pushing it down a hill it seems.  Thank you tho! I'll add checking the power valve to my list!

Probably because they have a 36mm carb, most 125's have 38mm carb so they rev better higher in the rpms. Honda fixed this in 2003 when they put a 38mm tmx carb on the cr125.