125RR MSRP announced!

We will see when they arrive and the bike gets ridden.  I’m not sure how the yammie and ktm and husky 125/150 run for comparison. Sherco is in the mix too now. I figure it’s good. It’s jumping in a competitive market but there will be the 125 class in Europe. Id guess that some will naturally move up from the Beta 50 cc which is popular.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

A 200RR on the same platform is rumored as well for next summer.   Hope the price is the same as the 125RR, or a Race is available soon after with the CC forks.

• Like 2

Was hoping for a lower price point. Will be interesting to see what electric start adds to the price.

Like $400 id guess . Yea I think beta riders are sort of used to getting a good bang for your buck money wise. So I think it’s a bummer for if the new 125 beta if it’s not the better price point. I think we will see when the bikes actually come and we judge how the bike works vs how much it costs. I’m guessing Betas edge is the height and size of the bike and motor manners like all Betas actually. I’m wondering about a bigger top end too but if there’s a 200 coming later maybe a 150 isn’t needed so much. 

Just way too much for a 125 with standard forks and no electric start.  That pits it against built 2k woods  bikes.  Absolutely no reason to buy one when it adds nothing to the conversation versus the plethora of zukes and yammis or even older crs. Hell the 2018 yamaha yz250fx is $7999. Just 1k less than a 250/300 race edition or a freaking TM 144EN, that is stupid. Profoundly disappointed. If the 200 was that price in a race edition, ok. 

Edited by BassMan
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, BassMan said:

Just way too much for a 125 with standard forks and no electric start.  That pits it against built 2k woods  bikes.  Absolutely no reason to buy one when it adds nothing to the conversation versus the plethora of zukes and yammis or even older crs. Hell the 2018 yamaha yz250fx is $7999. Just 1k less than a 250/300 race edition or a freaking TM 144EN, that is stupid. Profoundly disappointed. If the 200 was that price in a race edition, ok. 

It's right in the range of ktm and husky with estart enduro as far as price.. plus real pricing doesn't happen till they arrive.. but yea you have a great bike as is.. it's just another toy.. but for some it might be the weapon of choice.. just like an xtrainer is better for certain kinds of riding. 

honestly with how retarded guys got into spending ridiculous amounts of money on pit bikes some years ago it really isn't a big deal anyway. Look at how retarded guys got with their BBR hondas and ttr's etc. It's just if one wants it or not too. I could have stuck with my 01 cr 250 and ridden that forever. That was a good bike.. even if it didn't measure up to my Beta 300 now.

7 to 20 grand.. :facepalm::jawdrop::ride:

https://bbrmotorsports.com/Gallery/Bikes/Bikes.aspx

23 hours ago, RMS83843 said:

$7999.

I have been searching, where was this announced, not on the web site?

• Like 1

I tend to agree, a bit disappointing.  Not a fan of the forks either which I would plan to swap.  I was hoping for $500 less, to cover a lot of that, or like you said add the typical $500 back for a Race model with CC forks.  I don't know if I'd care as much about estart on a smaller lighter bike, my KTM200 started super easy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BassMan said:

I have been searching, where was this announced, not on the web site?

Isn't it on the dirtbike price link I put up???

To me if I'm riding trail and extreme which is a guaranteeeeeeee the estart has to be on. It will be very light and fun.. but wont climb like a 250 or 300.. but the estart changes how you ride the bike.. It's charging lines that you wouldn't risk because of sketchy position and you can make a line.. jump off when the bike dies.. start with a button and walk and move the bike.. jump back on and keep going. with a kicker you just might not have room to kick if the kicker is on the wrong side of an offcamber or the bikes footing wont hold and you are sliding off and down.. with an estart you can start the bike without shaking and keep moving forward. .. You still can't hit any real big hills with a 125 but it will be more fun trying and it's lighter to push and carry. This one good rider locally rides a 150 husky with estart and he rips all kinds of trails.. it lugs good too. He isn't that big a rider but he likes his bike.. That's why I was thinking a 150 motor might be a better fit.. but if they are putting a 200 motor in this chassis? That might be the ticket. I don't care about the suspension. My suspension is good and I bet it's the same thing. For those that are more picky hey they might just get a race edition 125 pr 200 later. There's a race edition 50cc sooo probably got for these too.

This is a 150 estart husky.. and I'd rather have a lower seat height bike.. especially for a 125 or 150..

https://www.dirtrider.com/2017-husqvarna-te-150

seat height is 38 inches for a 150 enduro ? that's lame That's over an inch taller than my 300rr.. maybe those guys get a lowering link from the start.. Even Haaker has a lowering link on his 300 for whatever reasons..

1 hour ago, BassMan said:

46 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

It's right in the range of ktm and husky with estart enduro as far as price.. plus real pricing doesn't happen till they arrive.. but yea you have a great bike as is.. it's just another toy.. but for some it might be the weapon of choice.. just like an xtrainer is better for certain kinds of riding. 

honestly with how retarded guys got into spending ridiculous amounts of money on pit bikes some years ago it really isn't a big deal anyway. Look at how retarded guys got with their BBR hondas and ttr's etc. It's just if one wants it or not too. I could have stuck with my 01 cr 250 and ridden that forever. That was a good bike.. even if it didn't measure up to my Beta 300 now.

7 to 20 grand.. :facepalm::jawdrop::ride:

https://bbrmotorsports.com/Gallery/Bikes/Bikes.aspx

I gotta agree with AssMan, $8k for a bike w/o estart is a hard pill to swallow. Considering that its a new platform too...Is the KTM better? Possibly. But at the very least it's a proven platform. The Beta still has a little bit of a climb yet. Resale and results could be the deciding factor in this case... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Monk said:

I gotta agree with AssMan, $8k for a bike w/o estart is a hard pill to swallow. Considering that its a new platform too...Is the KTM better? Possibly. But at the very least it's a proven platform. The Beta still has a little bit of a climb yet. Resale and results could be the deciding factor in this case... 

Yea honestly if I had money to blow I'd buy one.. but that doesn't mean it's the smartest thing..I don't have money now so it doesn't matter anyway.. It's taking everything into account though ..I guess. ..and lots arent going to think like me.  a 38 inch high 125 is dumb and that's what the ktm and husky are.. so I'd buy those bikes and get a lowering kit..if I wanted to do that but that's sort of retarded when my 300 is lower.  I do like the 150 size better than the 125.. or the 200 even more.. but I'd like the little size like the size of the xtrainer that the 125 2t should be... the 6 speed etc..  lots don't care about having a kicker or not.. no &%$#@!ing way will I ever buy a new bike without a kicker. I might buy a craigslist used foofoo project but even then.. why? Those kicking days are over except for vintage bikes and days the battery dies.

plus where's the actual price? The bike isn't even landed yet..  So where does the $7999 price come from????  beta says to be announced like bassman said.

For the guys not riding extreme and just riding hare scrambles etc.. and not so serious.. a kicker is fine.. I just want what I want . I'm not getting any younger and I want a bike that has what I want... All my bikes that are newer than 2001 have estart and 6 speed.. even fans on the radiator.