450r exaust

Forgive me if this has been covered but does anyone know if a stock 450r silencer be used on the x? Obviously it would have to be a year without dual headers, looking to see if any R years can be used on a 2012 X. I think it shares the chassis with the 09 R?

The only direct bolt on year R to X swap would be 05, 06-08 450R can be modified to work.

2005 head pipe works great!

450X2.jpg

I have an 05 X with a R exhaust on it.  Fits nicely and sounds great.  The bike is really snappy once it was jetted for the pipe.  

7 hours ago, Eric450x said:

I have an 05 X with a R exhaust on it.  Fits nicely and sounds great.  The bike is really snappy once it was jetted for the pipe.  

Did you use just the silencer or the header also? R exhaust from an 05? I’d just buy an fmf but aftermarket exhausts are illegal in my state even if they are quieter, go figure. I’m looking to open up the air box there’s no point if it can’t breathe.

I bought the bike with the pipe on it.  It is the head pipe and silencer.  I believe the guy I got it from said it was off of an 05.  The bike wasn't jetted for the pipe so I got a JD kit and jetted it and did the AP mod.  It took the off idle bog/lag out of it and made it pull like a freight train through the entire rpm range.  I need to get a spark arrestor end cap for it so it is trail legal. 

24 minutes ago, Eric450x said:

I bought the bike with the pipe on it.  It is the head pipe and silencer.  I believe the guy I got it from said it was off of an 05.  The bike wasn't jetted for the pipe so I got a JD kit and jetted it and did the AP mod.  It took the off idle bog/lag out of it and made it pull like a freight train through the entire rpm range.  I need to get a spark arrestor end cap for it so it is trail legal. 

I have a brand new 450 x OEM silencer with spark arrestor that is for sale. $100 shipped.

28 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

I have a brand new 450 x OEM silencer with spark arrestor that is for sale. $100 shipped.

Thanks but I like my R exhaust.  Plus I have an OEM X exhaust that hangs on the wall right now.