What tools do I need??

This is a very strange question, but yeah, I thought it's best to open a topic here and send your message to the guy who will sell me some tools. I don't want to spend a lot of money for those tool boxes since I will not be able to use every tool in it, I just need basic ones for general meintance and changing tires etc. I am not a native english speaker,so I don't even know their names in english, I just go to my friend's garage and use his tools.

First of all, what tools do I need for changing tires and brake peds? both tires.

Do you have the stock tool kit? If you do correct size needed are in it. Then you can get some tire irons. The tool kit tools will get the job done but better tools make the job easier.

dc37eb1e4ecd8eb215cf82298002e753.jpg12048929fd1a33159f3fb2561da40574.jpg

15 hours ago, Padilen said:

Do you have the stock tool kit? If you do correct size needed are in it. Then you can get some tire irons. The tool kit tools will get the job done but better tools make the job easier.

dc37eb1e4ecd8eb215cf82298002e753.jpg12048929fd1a33159f3fb2561da40574.jpg

No, I don't have the stock tool kit....

Can someone write me all the tools I need to do the general maintenance, changing tires etc? Like stock toolkit, please. So I can go and buy what I need instead of spending 300 euro for a 150 piece of a box which I will not even use.

Edited by tndgu

JIPS screw drivers
10 mm
12 mm
14 mm
17 mm
22 mm
24 mm
Sparkplug wrench
Pair of pliers
At the very least. Buying separately may cost as much or more than a set of tools.

You'll need a basic mechanics metric socket set, and Allen wrenches (hex keys) with the above mentioned wrenches. A good quality 3/8 drive inch lbs torque wrench isn't a bad investment either. I've seen too many new bikes with broken engines cases on this site. Owner over torques the engine oil drain with a used washer and snaps the case. Reusing the crush washer itself is bad practice but that's a topic for another day.

You'll need a basic mechanics metric socket set, and Allen wrenches (hex keys) with the above mentioned wrenches. A good quality 3/8 drive inch lbs torque wrench isn't a bad investment either. I've seen too many new bikes with broken engines cases on this site. Owner over torques the engine oil drain with a used washer and snaps the case. Reusing the crush washer itself is bad practice but that's a topic for another day.

Can we start the crush washer topic tomorrow ?

Can we start the crush washer topic tomorrow ?

I used the same washer for 10 years. Always used a torque wrench though.

I eventually got paranoid and bought a bag of 12mm copper washers from McMaster