Mattawa Sat-Tuesday, TigerTanker rides...

I've had bikes in the shop and I'm itching to get out. So, thinking I head for drier pastures and take my 300 and 450 over to Mattawa. I'm pretty familiar with the area and know some pretty cool off the radar single track. Probably going to do some filming and pictures too, so if anyone wanna be famous.... bring a clean jersey for picture day....

Forecast looks pretty dry and the temps are at 50 degrees. Think I car camp at the end of "R" road. 

Fun to have a group out there, do some barbeque and kick ass riding. 

mattawa dan 023.JPG

mattawa dan 046.JPG

mattawa dan 053.JPG

mattawa dan 060.JPG

Mattawa 073.JPG

Mattawa 107.JPG

Mattawa 212.JPG

Mattawa 313.JPG

Mattawa is about a 3 hour drive from the Seattle/Tacoma area. The ride area is generally pretty dry and sandy, Tubliss rear or such recommended. Some fun parts include rock canyon upslopes. There is a sand based mx type track. Cell coverage solid with plenty of local services. Nearby Desert Aire has scary lodging and restaurants, and Mattawa is just plain scary. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BTW, anyone ever figure out exactly what those bugs from hell are at Mattawa? They're not locusts or crickets.... I checked online. Creepy as hell.  

34 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Mattawa is about a 3 hour drive from the Seattle/Tacoma area. The ride area is generally pretty dry and sandy, Tubliss rear or such recommended. Some fun parts include rock canyon upslopes. There is a sand based mx type track. Cell coverage solid with plenty of local services. Nearby Desert Aire has scary lodging and restaurants, and Mattawa is just plain scary. 

There are now like 4 tracks, we saw them a couple of weeks ago and always like a pot of gold, we'd ride across a couple ravines to where we thought one was and couldn't find it. Truth be told we weren't looking that hard, but I would like to check them out. 

Just now, KaToomTime said:

There are now like 4 tracks, we saw them a couple of weeks ago and always like a pot of gold, we'd ride across a couple ravines to where we thought one was and couldn't find it. Truth be told we weren't looking that hard, but I would like to check them out. 

Join me, I'll show you. I have film star Crazy Alvin already on the "In" list. 

I will try to make it out Sunday or Monday will let you know. Saturday is definitely out. 

Things I would like to do:

Ride up the rocky ravine west of staging, because that is always fun

Ride down rocky ravine east of staging, ditto

Ride the east fence line, just because

Ride a short ravine way out on the west end facing south/southwest

Make it up a hill climb on the west side that I couldn't quite get up. I am better at hill climbing now, though my rear tire is not in the best shape and don't see replacing it quite yet.

Go down Bise hill again (the long sand hill down towards Beverly and the big dune you see by the road)

There was some other stuff that I haven't rode before that looked interestingly gnarly.

Edited by KaToomTime

Would love to ride with you and Crazy Alvin. 

This is on the way to the main sand track...

 

The first half of this video is the hill I want to get all the way up...

 

 

3 minutes ago, KaToomTime said:

Would love to ride with you and Crazy Alvin. 

This is on the way to the main sand track...

 

The first half of this video is the hill I want to get all the way up...

 

 

The first vid, is that a husq 501?

I'm going to take both 300 and 450. I'm going to have tubliss with a grabby knobby...Sedona 907. 

Mattawa is really cool for the fact you can get many different types of riding in while there. There's the technical canyons, there's the speedy sand trails, there's the mx track, ...sandy hill climb stuff, the rocky climb up and down to Beverly.... and then single track.  There's nearby lodging, food, gas, cell coverage, scenery, etc.... good stuff. 

10 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

The first vid, is that a husq 501?

I'm going to take both 300 and 450. I'm going to have tubliss with a grabby knobby...Sedona 907. 

Yeah I was borrowing my buddies 501 while my suspension was off my KTM. Stock is too soft for me but it still did pretty well, pretty plush.

Who is Crazy Alvin?

Current D100 ADV class champ and ...

 

 

 

 

Beverly dunes

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/closures

 

Recreation alert: Beverly Dunes ORV Area will close, effective November 8. Funds provided by the Washington state capital budget are a critical part of how DNR funds trail, campgrounds and picnic areas you enjoy. DNR has not received capital funds this year. 

Directions: Start at I-90 and Highway 26 (east of Vantage Bridge) and turn south onto Highway 26. Go one mile and turn right on Highway 243. Go 6.7 miles and turn left on Lower Crab Creek Road. Go 1.8 miles and turn right into Beverly Dunes ORV Park. Get directions.

Edited by Slackkinhard
31 minutes ago, Slackkinhard said:

Beverly dunes

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/closures

 

Recreation alert: Beverly Dunes ORV Area will close, effective November 8. Funds provided by the Washington state capital budget are a critical part of how DNR funds trail, campgrounds and picnic areas you enjoy. DNR has not received capital funds this year. 

Directions: Start at I-90 and Highway 26 (east of Vantage Bridge) and turn south onto Highway 26. Go one mile and turn right on Highway 243. Go 6.7 miles and turn left on Lower Crab Creek Road. Go 1.8 miles and turn right into Beverly Dunes ORV Park. Get directions.

LOL, but needle exchange programs and free healthcare programs for the drugged out in the seattle streets will be fully funded by taxpayers that if they were to Jaywalk...would be fined and finger wagged...

Red pill, blue pill?

 

I am in. What time and where on Saturday ?

 

Off R road there is a parking area. I'll firm up times as we get a bit closer, but generally thinking 10ish am. 

The R road is just east of the town ? Turn left on R ?

2 hours ago, Russ Henry said:

The R road is just east of the town ? Turn left on R ?

Yes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now