Please help ! Who has ran kibble white valves need your opinion

Just recived my head back from the machine shop and they installed the valves.  i already went ahead and installed the head ,  But before i throw the cam on i think the retainers are installed wrong . I only replaced my intakes since the exhuast were in spec with factory shims . Need some opinons 

last pic i found was on youtube looks like he has collars to on top .... idk

IMG_3857.JPG

IMG_3856.JPG

IMG_3809.PNG

Hey bro, just to let you know I just put the kibblewhites on my 05 crf450r and the double springs that come with the kit are not tall enough to keep pressure on the  cotters and keep them on the valves,trust me on this, I learned the hard way, riding along, bippt it just once and dropped a intake valve, it broke inside the cylinder and beat up all my other valves even scared up the head some. You can use the stock ones and they will work just fine.

Edited by hotrod crf
left out pressure on spring
  • Like 1

Hey bro, just to let you know I just put the kibblewhites on my 05 crf450r and the double springs that come with the kit are not tall enough to keep pressure on the  cotters and keep them on the valves,trust me on this, I learned the hard way, riding along, bippt it just once and dropped a intake valve, it broke inside the cylinder and beat up all my other valves even scared up the head some. You can use the stock ones and they will work just fine.

sore one buddy moan the hondas [emoji23][emoji106]

You might want to take it to someone who know's what they are doing. The responses here are going to get your engine blown up...

You cannot use the stock spring retainers with kibble white springs. They are a double spring and the spring retainer and spring seat are designed to hold the springs properly. The thickness of the spring retainer and spring seat make up the correct installed pressure, or seat pressure.

If you try and push down on the valve, by hand, it should take 40lbs of force to move the valve if set up properly. The exhaust will have 70lbs.

The exhaust springs are the ones that need changing most of all as they wear out before the valves do. Not only that, the exhaust guides are prone to wearing out due to the unicam setup.

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2017 at 0:52 AM, hotrod crf said:

Ok, I dont believe this for a second. Floating an intake valve badly enough to contact the piston isn't typically possible. Getting the cam timing wildly out (like 5 or 6 teeth advanced) sure..that can happen, but it wont start that way. Having a valve break the head off the stem is. But I dont believe that either.

The KibbleWhite intake retainer looks that way to shed weight because the stainless valve weighs more than the OEM Ti part. We're only talking about grams here, but it matters.

On 11/14/2017 at 0:24 AM, Chrisy Wright said:

they should be round the other way pal same as the intakes . nice and flat

With a stock retainer, ya. The retainer he has isn't stock (on the intake side)