Dead men riding Happy trails Moonrocks tour - Friday Nov 24

ok a gentle tour of moonrocks, if anyone wants.

Edited by bigbob

long range forecast WEATHER looks ok for this ride, rain now and on Monday, then dry for 3 days and Friday Nov 24, but COLD,  low 37, high 55F.  Bring Ride jackets and glove liners, and that means a later start.  6 am leave Sacramento area;  8:00 am fast food breakfast/gas meet up in Reno ( McDonalds  440 Keystone Ave, Reno, NV 89503) and 9am stage at MR.   Ride two loops, get lunch sandwiches on way out on 395 to MR, leave MR by 230pm, be back over the pass before dark!

Edited by bigbob

Moonrocks?

Every time I hear "Moonrocks", some how I picture this dude at a stones concert... Am I crazy?

article-2197242-004BE4EF00000258-12_306x

did you say Stones Concerts?   Yup been to a few, never saw that guy

Stones Tickets 2017.JPG

Literally more hours driving there and back than you intend on having the bikes unloaded, let alone riding. You're crazy bob.

Moonrocks to me is worth it. some times, like this time. I guess also cause I have only been there once in 6 years and I am eager to ride again, so 930 to 1230 morning loop,  lunch and a 1-2 hour after lunch ride.  is a lot in my book.

and tapeleg, I have seen you ride. You are the crazy one

Tapeleg rides like she is riding for the tapeworm

Hey Big Bob. I'll have the new tires on and be ready to go. What if the pass gets snow?

57 minutes ago, Terry Roberts said:

Hey Big Bob. I'll have the new tires on and be ready to go. What if the pass gets snow?

that's why we have 4X4 trucks with all weather tires, is yours 4X4?  and with 2-3 days of dry before, they will plow HWY 80, should be good.   and if we get heebie jeebies and want to cancel, we can ride Foresthill easy trails 

bigbob, I am organizing a ride that weekend, Fri-Sat-Sun. Join us, or avoid us. :)

Started raining last night and hasn't stopped! Even if there's no rain again before then at least there will be some traction and it will keep the dust down. Storm drains had enough water for white water kayaking.

Edited by 2strokeYardSale
6 minutes ago, 2strokeYardSale said:

bigbob, I am organizing a ride that weekend, Fri-Sat-Sun. Join us, or avoid us. :)

Started raining last night and hasn't stopped! Even if there's no rain again before then at least there will be some traction and it will keep the dust down. Storm drains had enough water for white water kayaking.

at Moonrocks?  if so , we stage at the big flat, 3rd staging area.  where are you?

17 hours ago, Riddler is Retired said:

Tapeleg rides like she is riding for the tapeworm

I wish I knew what that meant, but I'll just assume it's about how great I am

it's easy, like when we rode EF years ago with snow.  We are riding the half snowed in trail and tapeleg is showin off riding front wheel up, over to the right of us, off the trail in pure 6 " snow  non stop for yards and yards like a tapeworm......

We are rallying at the moon rocks site, but I'm not sure how big the Friday group is. I'm gonna take them on some less gnarly but fun ST to weed out anybody who can't hack a ride up Dogskin ridge.

After 24 hours of non-stop rain it snowed a little. It's been sunny since this morning. I am going to tear it up tomorrow.

I’m riding the pine nuts on Saturday / Sunday- it’s going to be good.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, bigbob said:

at Moonrocks?  if so , we stage at the big flat, 3rd staging area.  where are you?

Hey Bob, here's the thread he's referring to.  http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517376

Edited by dannyb

I am taking Terry Roberts on a newbie fun tour of MR.   Easy but GOOD stuff.  I hates whoops and ain't no mountain climbing gladiator, though would if I could.  I am Just a po boy with a FE450 King Bee and the future for me is no longer something far off

Edited by bigbob

Looking forward to Moon Rocks. Not interested in getting my ass handed to me but to have fun and challenge myself. Hey Bob if you want to ride tougher stuff with these guys it’s cool. My skills have improved considerably from the last “easy breezy” ride you took me on. I’m sure I can get around by myself without getting too lost and I’d like to try climbing that big sand hill. It looks like you can see that sand hill from a long ways off. New tires going on Monday and I’ll be ready. This will be the 11th time out and 4th trail ride for me and first time in sand. 

Terry, we are doing easy stuff only. You will be the Trail Boss.  At GT there was only one trail and we had to go where the trail led to including those couple few spots that were hard for you,  Out in Moonrocks, we choose where we go and see in front of us.  You also will be able to choose to challenge your self some or choose not too, unlike GT where we had to follow the one trail

railitberg.jpg

cimg1826medium.jpg

cimg1825medium.jpg

3380730665_f897916b84.jpg

Edited by bigbob