Looking for, 2002 WR250F bottom end Kit

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone knows if an 03 or any other year bottom end kit will work on a 2002?    I see a lot of after market bottom end kits out there but nothing for a 2002 WR250F.  Same thing for the 02 YZ250F.......??   OEM cost more than double,  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

All parts OEM $700 +,  after Market $300 tops.  I also have to get a new piston because it had significant wear as well, another $180.  I originally bought this bike to flip it now I'm bleeding and tying to salvage my loss.  I may be able to break even with OEM on a good day but I doubt it.   Seriously, If you know anything besides OEM that will work please let me know.  

Thanks!

what parts are you rebuilding / replacing ?
seals & bearings - OEM

Crank, bearings,seals, piston and all gaskets of course. This bike came with the 290 big bore kit so I got to get the Athena 290 piston and top end gasket. Transmission gears look fine, transmission bearings feel good as well. I'm not gonna mess with that at all.

So far i'm looking at about $860 and I still have to get a few other small things. My cart at Motorsport.com is loaded up. Lol! ??‍♂️

This was from a different post I made when I was first having issues.

UPDATE!
I took the motor apart and found that the crank bearing was toasted.  Main bearings are good but I'm replacing all bearings since I'm sure metal shavings got in them.  That's what the hang up was.   Also even though the piston looked and felt ok, once I tried to remove the wrist pin it was hard to get out, the piston and wrist pin had significant wear.  All is being replaced.   

03 or newer crank will work but you will need newer flywheel, stator, and cod.
But a new piston rod and have someone rebuild crank.

And then basically make it an electric start. Haha. Because that's what I would need to do to convert it. More money and hassle than I want to spend. I'll just go OEM and get it done.

03 or newer crank will work but you will need newer flywheel, stator, and cod.
But a new piston rod and have someone rebuild crank.

Actually I just started looking at the parts to convert it to an electric start on eBay and with the money I would save not buying the OEM but buying the 03 Wiesco bottom end kit it might actually make sense to do it. It will cost about the same.

I have the electric start on my 06 WR450 and I absolutely love it! Then I'll have a WR290 and 450 with an electric start and I'll just sell my 02 YZ250F instead. Thanks for the idea!

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, MatthewMCRepair said:

I would recommend all OEM parts:

You say use OEM, I've read that people have had the same amount of failures with both OEM.. AND after market and that its usually due to installation not being done properly.  I would agree 100% on that because people are stupid.   Now I also read that Hot Rods bottom end kit are actually made in Taiwan, it's on the box - NO THANKS! Only their rod is made here.   

Wiseco is made in the U.S, again I've read the good and bad and I 've also heard they've improved over the last year or two.   But... I question installation and break in of some of these reviewers.   Do you have any personal experiences with after market that steer you away or are you just saying if you want a sure thing go OEM?   I've had major problems with OEM on cars and trucks so I don't live and die by OEM, I think they mostly just gouge because they can. 

On 15/11/2017 at 2:32 PM, Thrasher MX said:

Actually I just started looking at the parts to convert it to an electric start on eBay and with the money I would save not buying the OEM but buying the 03 Wiesco bottom end kit it might actually make sense to do it. It will cost about the same.

I have the electric start on my 06 WR450 and I absolutely love it! Then I'll have a WR290 and 450 with an electric start and I'll just sell my 02 YZ250F instead. Thanks for the idea!

Pretty sure he was talking about an 03 yzf250 crank. 

You will literally only keep the gearbox, cylinder and head if you were to convert to estart. Nothing else from your engine will interchange. 

Yeah, was just reading another post and the 02 left side crank case and 03 cover don't mate. Also clearance issues with the flywheel. Bummer! YZ 03-05 cranks and flywheel are also slightly different, again clearance issues. Looks like I'm going OEM crank no matter what. Oh well. I guess 01-02 WR's are shitty year to have because you only have one option, OEM. If they ever stop producing OEM on these You may as well toss it in a metal scrapper. Lol!

As long as you have the crank halves you can get a new rod put on prox part # 03.2401 for 01-02 wr250 so oem is not the only option.

OEM complete crank only is $300, not bad but what adds up are all the other parts, bearings, gasket etc. I think I can get a 01 or 02 YZ bottom end gasket kit from Tusk that should fit. It looks like the seals come with it but not sure. They don't have them for an 01-02 WR. Then I need to see what I can get as far as bearings. $80 for two OEM main bearings. [emoji22]

Then here's a misleading shit kicker. See picture. IMG_9561.thumb.jpg.ad1f9f70069c5990c51cbbc602dc5123.jpgif the WR 02 left crank case is not the same as the 03 How is this even possible? This is why I thought I could convert my 02 to electric start. Frustrating!!