95 kx250 ignition problems

(Total n00b to the forum so im sure im doing this wrong)

I'm sure the information I'm after is here somewhere, I just can't find it. So I have a 1995 kx250 that I bought a year ago for 1k. It's been a fabulous bike but it's always fouled plugs quickly. Anyway, it now has no spark after sitting for 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure it's the stator but I'd like to ohm it to make sure.

So, A, what is the correct ohm readings? And B, if the stator is bad should I get a 97 or 98 stator and cdi? I've heard the ignition is better on these years and considered switching. Anyway sorry for the long ramble but I'm kind of at a standstill. Thanks in advance 

Yes I was checking with a new plug. I ended up buying a complete set of electronics to a 98 (cdi, stator, pick up coil and flywheel) and she runs better than ever before and hasn't fouled a plug. Thanks for the help 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deere_64 said:

Yes I was checking with a new plug. I ended up buying a complete set of electronics to a 98 (cdi, stator, pick up coil and flywheel) and she runs better than ever before and hasn't fouled a plug. Thanks for the help 

Did you figure out which part was causing the problem? Just curious which part/s failed or didn't fail.

• Like 1

The stator cover gasket was bad and allowed water in. I'm guessing the stator because it got progressively harder to start, and it wouldn't run at idle before giving up completely.