Took the camera out to try experiment with 1080/120fps. The ride turned into a 9hr excecise in survival, so after about half an HR it didn't come out anymore.

Put some clips together to have a memory of a day that pushed us all to our limits (ie it got much much worse)

• Like 4

Cool little clip my friend. FYI we've got no snow here yet ...hint hint.

I had to check YouTube and discovered I actually for some reason wasn't Sub'd to your channel which explains why I'm not getting notification when you post up. I am now though :)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Pittbull said:

And just reference my ride this weekend was painless.
(Not trying to jack your thread, but I am trying to rub it in emoji38.png )

The irony is I saw that last night it's on my list to watch tonight!

Also re-watched our little mcnutt adventure last week and was thinking it's time for a do-over. Couple of days at mcnutt, day at Vetter then hit up Meg's brapp for a ride on the was back!

Id really like to ride mcnutt with a bike that has been started more than once, and Alex would like to ride it sometime when he hasn't been in the hospital for two weeks with tubes in his chest cavity and lungs!

Edited by 7thirtyseven
  • Like 2

Hopefully you've got a bike with more than a cutting board held on with zap straps to protect the belly. Although that was somewhat ingenious and worked quite well.

22 minutes ago, Pittbull said:

Hopefully you've got a bike with more than a cutting board held on with zap straps to protect the belly. Although that was somewhat ingenious and worked quite well.

Ya that was awesome. Worked great for the weekend, finally came apart when I cased it on a rock in inks lake on the way home.

3 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Im in Vic East Gippsland

So you from Oz ?

Na, grew up on that island just north, went to an Oz boarding  school, but I'm all Canuck. Last time back was in the 80s, time for another but the rattlesnake is Italian, so I'm told we must go there first...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7thirtyseven said:

Na, grew up on that island just north, went to an Oz boarding  school, but I'm all Canuck. Last time back was in the 80s, time for another but the rattlesnake is Italian, so I'm told we must go there first...

The rattlesnake   :lol:

• Like 1

Looks like a nice little fall ride in the Rockies BUT I know how things can go bad FAST (or in your case over 9 hrs) in the mountains so I'm assuming you eventually all made it out safely ?

Otherwise are you all using grip studs or actual studs cus I've pretty sure I'm going to need to stud up new tires this year and looking at options other than the tapcon method?

2 minutes ago, filterx said:

Looks like a nice little fall ride in the Rockies BUT I know how things can go bad FAST (or in your case over 9 hrs) in the mountains so I'm assuming you eventually all made it out safely ?

Otherwise are you all using grip studs or actual studs cus I've pretty sure I'm going to need to stud up new tires this year and looking at options other than the tapcon method?

Ya we pushed it, went down something unclimbable and the only route out was still steep but covered in blowdown this then put us in an area we were unfamiliar with and there was alot of starts and stops and backtracking till we found a ridge one of us recognized. He guaranteed that if we climbed it we would find our outgoing tracks. Was a wicked 15 minute climb but we got lucky, there was nothing under the snow no dead fall etc steep but manageable. Found our tracks after dark and about an HR later back at the trucks. Stupid really. Had a good get off in the dark down a steep sidehill. Tiny little tree laying under the snow I didn't see, front went down fast and I fell into nothingness. Big nob on my left elbow and sore ribs from grazing a stump as I hit. Fortunately bike didn't follow me down. 

Funny, how as soon as we found our tracks we all went from "holy crap we're screwed" to "what a great night for a ride!"

Ya studs and trellis.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

The rattlesnake   :lol:

Oh ya! My ball size is porportional to the amount of antivenom I have on hand. One ass-cheek has fang sized scars, the other looks like a junkies arm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Going by your avatar & UN - air traffic controller ?

No, those guys just tell me what to do, kinda like being at home really! :)

18 minutes ago, 7thirtyseven said:

Ya we pushed it, went down something unclimbable and the only route out was still steep but covered in blowdown this then put us in an area we were unfamiliar with and there was alot of starts and stops and backtracking till we found a ridge one of us recognized. He guaranteed that if we climbed it we would find our outgoing tracks. Was a wicked 15 minute climb but we got lucky, there was nothing under the snow no dead fall etc steep but manageable. Found our tracks after dark and about an HR later back at the trucks. Stupid really. Had a good get off in the dark down a steep sidehill. Tiny little tree laying under the snow I didn't see, front went down fast and I fell into nothingness. Big nob on my left elbow and sore ribs from grazing a stump as I hit. Fortunately bike didn't follow me down. 

Funny, how as soon as we found our tracks we all went from "holy crap we're screwed" to "what a great night for a ride!"

Ya studs and trellis.

Ya I've only been in the "holy crap we're screwed" situation a couple of times with some buds (and each a valuable life lesson for me) then it was "Awesome ride but lets not repeat that again" :)

• Like 2