2018 450 SX-F Front Brake Rotor

Bent my front brake rotor in the last moto on Saturday - does anyone have anything good to say about an after market brake rotor such as Galfer in lieu of the OEM as a replacement?

2 minutes ago, tlewis1156 said:

Bent my front brake rotor in the last moto on Saturday - does anyone have anything good to say about an after market brake rotor such as Galfer in lieu of the OEM as a replacement?

Galfer is what comes on your bike stock... Excellent product!! Can you just take a crescent wrench and bend it back? 

• Like 1

I've Always been heavy on the front break, and over the years rode with a bunch of different brands. Hands down my favorite is from Motostuff.Com. Alot of factory teams actually use their products without advertising it so it's not for the money. I was riding a 17 husky 450 last year and couldn't believe how amazing they worked so I went and put them on all my Ktms. 

• Like 1

Thanks - I was wondering about that as I was surfing around for different products - interestingly enough a Galfer sold as after-market is about $15 bucks cheaper than if I order and purchase an OEM replacement.  I have not tried to bend it back yet - it has about a 20 degree offset now.

Tried the crescent wrench and was able to bend back some, at least to a survivable measure, but still not enough to reduce the knock back in the caliber.  Ordered the OEM replacement disk and after a couple of beers went ahead and ordered the FMF silencer with the blue canister, titanium fitment and carbon fiber end.  WTH!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tlewis1156 said:

Tried the crescent wrench and was able to bend back some, at least to a survivable measure, but still not enough to reduce the knock back in the caliber.  Ordered the OEM replacement disk and after a couple of beers went ahead and ordered the FMF silencer with the blue canister, titanium fitment and carbon fiber end.  WTH!

That's the spirit, haha

Dave