Can I flush engine case with empty clutch basket?

Had to replace clutch basket due to pretty significant notching. Got new plates, discs, and springs. I noticed my oil pump idler gear was all chewed up, but it is a hard resin/plastic so I'm hoping there's no shards laying around in the case. I did have some shavings from clutch plates, but nothing significant. To be safe, I was thinking of getting some decent but not top of the line synthetic oil just to flush the case and get it cleaned up. My question is if I'm just starting it on the stand, do I need to get all the plates and discs back in the basket just to let it idle or would it be fine just putting assembled basket with no plates? I guess the other issue with that would be with all the missing space of an empty basket, case wouldn't be as full and take more oil. What are yall's thoughts on this?

If it were me I would install everything as if you would run it. I'm just not quite sure if the lack of weight would cause anything to go shit on you. I am curious just to know the answer to this my self.

Thanks. I agree, just wondered if there was a quick work around. Any other opinions on this?

Thanks. I agree, just wondered if there was a quick work around. Any other opinions on this?

Put fresh cheap oil in it and run it for like 10 minutes, then let it till it’s cool. Flush and you should be good. I’m doing the same thing to a CR250 in about a month once it’s all put back together. Oil will normally cling to dirt and keep it suspended in itself.