MY 2018 Beta 500 RR-S Thread

On 2/21/2018 at 5:34 PM, gaortiz said:

Update 2: It's not the fuel pump. My gas tank with the fuel pump in it was placed on another Beta and that bike ran fine. Diagnosis pending.

Did this issue get figured out? Just curious for the memory bank.

On 2/11/2018 at 7:44 PM, GBZ18RR-500 said:

That's what I figured. Luckily I can check with my local dealer. I bought it in Simi Valley because they had the best deal. They flashed my friends husky so I'm sure they can do mine. 

May be best not to mention that on a public forum. 

• Like 1

Did this issue get figured out? Just curious for the memory bank.

Beta didn't think it was the fuel pump originally but now have decided to replace at my dealers request. Fuel pump will be here Tuesday. We will see if it fixes it!
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2018 at 10:29 PM, GBZ18RR-500 said:

Well here is my setup after removing that huge ugly setup the bike came with. I cut out the old plate mount in the shape of the upper and put it back underneath so the wires are still hidden. 

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

Beta makes a lic plate holder that utilizes the 3 holes in the fender.  I also got my Beta at SVC. 

• Like 2

looking at getting the beta 500 rr-s was wondering what everyone thinks of the gear range for highway/freeway getting tired of changing front sprockets in my drz400

With the stock gearing (15/48) you can do over 100mph. It won't be much fun in the dirt though. Beta provides a 13t as well with the bike and I run that all the time. Can cruise comfortable at 65
  • Like 1

I had run the 15/48 for way too long when I first got my 500 RR-S and was so happy when I swapped to 13/48.  The ability to crawl in 1st gear was awful with a 15T front sprocket.  13T made it perfect.  

I commute about 12 miles a day when the weather is nice but the most I need to ride is about 40 or 45 mph as I have no fun going 50 mph plus on the bike.  Even if I had 15/48 or 15/46, it's just not fun for me.  

• Like 2

On 3/6/2018 at 9:03 AM, timejinx said:

looking at getting the beta 500 rr-s was wondering what everyone thinks of the gear range for highway/freeway getting tired of changing front sprockets in my drz400

On your DRZ with stock gearing it looks like you're running right about 7000 RPM to cruise at 65 MPH. The Beta with stock gearing will do 65 MPH at 5300 RPM. 

But it's still a single cylinder dirt bike through and through that loves eating up dirt and rocks. Pavement is not where it shines.

• Like 1

Curious about this, how many people really commute regularly at high speeds, say 65 mph or more?

And if you do, for how many miles? 

My commute to work has a maximum speed section of 90 kms/hr, which is about 55 mph, but its less than 2 miles long. The rest is posted speed limits of less than that. The majority of my commute is 50 kms hr (30 mph) , and 70 kms hr (45 mph) . So on my 13 kilometer (about 8 miles) ride to work. Less than 25% of it is at a maximum speed of 55 mph. The majority of the trip is at 30 mph or 45 mph. That is if I am not behind people who are often doing under the posted maximum speed. I rarely reach top gear while commuting. Maybe this is extremely rare, which is why I am asking.

Edited by RevyRoamer

Update on my issue! It's been fixed. Ended up being the fuel regulator that was faulty and not allowing flow. Before the pump was replaced the service manager replaced the fuel regulator only to see if that was the problem. Sure enough, it was. Bike runs faster than I remember. Super excited to try out the revalved and resprung suspension this weekend!

• Like 5

Beta 500 RR-S - Racetech Suspension by Tyler Southerlin - Review

One word......UNBELIEVABLE! Night and Day difference from the stock setup. I weigh 175lbs and with the stock suspension at high speed I was blowing through the stroke in desert riding when hitting whoops and square edges. The new setup (Racetech gold valves in the forks and shock paired with proper springs for my weight) helped tremendously to prevent plowing through the stroke at high speed. This has been the best investment I've put into the Beta so far and would HIGHLY recommend it. It literally felt like the bike was floating through the rough stuff. I cannot express how satisfied I am. Simply amazing.20180311_111921.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Motoexotica in Vacaville CA. Best prices, selection and great service. They sell a lot of Betas and Husky. 2017 Beta 500 RRS @ 10,300 OTD New. Bought it at the end of the model year. September of 2017. They are one of the highest volume Beta dealers in CA. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, GBZ18RR-500 said:

Has anyone put the fmf pipe on their 500.  I was wondering if you need to flash the ECU in order for the bike to run properly with the pipe. The dealer told me i do not but I question their knowledge on the topic.  Any help would be appreciated. 

IMG_1761.JPG

What size is that gas tank and where did you get it? Thx

I am having an issue with my bike. I rode it earlier today and I took it home to change the oil. The bike was running perfectly fine.  Once the new oil is in I go to start the bike and it will crank over but will not start. I tested the voltage and it is normal and the fuel pump appears to be working. I just installed my fmf q4 pipe and had tuned it for the pipe. Any chance I could have an ecu issue?

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to MY 2018 Beta 500 RR-S Thread