MY 2018 Beta 500 RR-S Thread

After trying and failing for a while to get mine to snap onto that rear frame using the hooks, I finally shaved a bit of the (brake side) hook back with a razor. Now it fits better up in there and snaps on tightly with a firm shove - only takes a min to get on/off. I’m not using the forward facing hook, doesn’t seem needed to me.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2017 at 3:53 PM, 4Kracing said:

You already have a violation with your flush mount rear turn signals so what's the difference.  I will be installing mine on the number plate and if I get a fixit ticket then I will deal with it.  I don't plan on riding the road enough to worry about it.

I know guys who have had those hand guards and their lights did not last long.  It's not so much crashing as it is hitting bush and branches and whatever else that does them in.  Aside from all that your bike is beautiful!?

Man Cali must suck. Here in Indiana flush mounts are fine, I have some bikes without mirrors but end up using little bicycle fold up cheapies. The cops are way cooler out this way..

• Like 2

Man Cali must suck. Here in Indiana flush mounts are fine, I have some bikes without mirrors but end up using little bicycle fold up cheapies. The cops are way cooler out this way..

I'm off road most of the time and the only time a cop is going to be giving you any issues if you're acting like an idiot.
  • Like 3

I will be pressing my luck and installing those tusk flush mounts tomorrow. Even though im in California I'm not on the road enough to worry. 

I’ve been running flush mounted turn signals on my Beta in Northern California for 3 years now without issue. They’re brighter than the silly OEM stuff.
I was hassled years ago on my old street legal crf450x, till I showed him the brightness of the same type of flush mount turn signals. Told him the stock stuff got ripped off in the dirt.....

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone put the fmf pipe on their 500.  I was wondering if you need to flash the ECU in order for the bike to run properly with the pipe. The dealer told me i do not but I question their knowledge on the topic.  Any help would be appreciated. 
IMG_1761.thumb.JPG.180ecba54e3e06c58d3c4822ac621f28.JPG

Yes, the dealer will have an FMF map to flash the ECU with. Sounds like you need a new dealer.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started having issues with the bike last weekend. Anywhere between half and full throttle power would cut out almost as if it wasn't getting fuel. This happened intermittently the first few hours I got the bike but wasn't consistent. So I took it into the dealer and the computer showed a code for low circuit voltage fuel pump. New fuel pump and regulator on order. Funny thing is a friend of mine who bought his '18 390 about a week after mine(I was one of the first deliveries in California) had his fuel pump also go bad and brought his bike into the shop the same day. He also has been having intermittent problems since delivery. Maybe there was a bad batch of fuel pumps? My bike is on the lift and his is in the foreground.

received_10215299727115681.jpeg
  • Like 1

My 18 390 had a bad connection to the ECU creating a loose and "open" circuit, fried the ecu and gave the low voltage fuel pump warning.  Might be something to look into.  Mine was fixed under warranty and all has been good since.  I believe the fuel pump and associated parts were replaced at the same time.  

TR

• Like 3

My 18 390 had a bad connection to the ECU creating a loose and "open" circuit, fried the ecu and gave the low voltage fuel pump warning.  Might be something to look into.  Mine was fixed under warranty and all has been good since.  I believe the fuel pump and associated parts were replaced at the same time.  
TR

I was having issues around 75% to full throttle with it feeling like it wasn't getting gas. Were you having those issues?
  • Like 1

I never even had and issue.  Rode it out of the garage one day on my third week of ownership and the engine light came on.  It seemed to run fine, but I turned around and went home.  Looked the connections over, didn't find a thing.  Took it in under warranty the next day.  Took them a while to figure it out, but they finally did. 

• Like 2

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to MY 2018 Beta 500 RR-S Thread