gaortiz

MY2018 Beta 500 RR-S Thread

28 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, GBZ18RR-500 said:

So will the AXP skid plate for the 480 RR fit  the 2018 rr-s 500?  I want to confirm before I order. 

Yes it bolts right on!

After trying and failing for a while to get mine to snap onto that rear frame using the hooks, I finally shaved a bit of the (brake side) hook back with a razor. Now it fits better up in there and snaps on tightly with a firm shove - only takes a min to get on/off. I’m not using the forward facing hook, doesn’t seem needed to me.

1 person likes this

On 11/18/2017 at 3:53 PM, 4Kracing said:

You already have a violation with your flush mount rear turn signals so what's the difference.  I will be installing mine on the number plate and if I get a fixit ticket then I will deal with it.  I don't plan on riding the road enough to worry about it.

I know guys who have had those hand guards and their lights did not last long.  It's not so much crashing as it is hitting bush and branches and whatever else that does them in.  Aside from all that your bike is beautiful!:thumbsup:

Man Cali must suck. Here in Indiana flush mounts are fine, I have some bikes without mirrors but end up using little bicycle fold up cheapies. The cops are way cooler out this way..

1 person likes this

I will be pressing my luck and installing those tusk flush mounts tomorrow. Even though im in California I'm not on the road enough to worry. 

Edited by GBZ18RR-500
1 person likes this

Man Cali must suck. Here in Indiana flush mounts are fine, I have some bikes without mirrors but end up using little bicycle fold up cheapies. The cops are way cooler out this way..

I'm off road most of the time and the only time a cop is going to be giving you any issues if you're acting like an idiot.
2 people like this

Well here is my setup after removing that huge ugly setup the bike came with. I cut out the old plate mount in the shape of the upper and put it back underneath so the wires are still hidden. 

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

2 people like this

I will be pressing my luck and installing those tusk flush mounts tomorrow. Even though im in California I'm not on the road enough to worry. 

I’ve been running flush mounted turn signals on my Beta in Northern California for 3 years now without issue. They’re brighter than the silly OEM stuff.
I was hassled years ago on my old street legal crf450x, till I showed him the brightness of the same type of flush mount turn signals. Told him the stock stuff got ripped off in the dirt.....

On 1/14/2018 at 2:46 PM, gaortiz said:

I'm off road most of the time and the only time a cop is going to be giving you any issues if you're acting like an idiot.

True...