Which one

Sold my 09 crf450r and want to get another crf450x, had an 06 a few years back and have wanted another one since I sold my 06. Now which one should I get this go around?

They are virtually un-changed from '09 and up.  To bad your on the west coast; I decided to sell my lightly used '09 450X this year (plan to sell it in the spring after I give it a good once over).

It's going to kill me to do it....I really don't want to give it up as I love ridding it,  but keeping up with two bikes is more time than I have to spare and the 250X is closer to what I need (ride in the woods mostly).

Jim.

They are virtually un-changed from '09 and up.  To bad your on the west coast; I decided to sell my lightly used '09 450X this year (plan to sell it in the spring after I give it a good once over).
It's going to kill me to do it....I really don't want to give it up as I love ridding it,  but keeping up with two bikes is more time than I have to spare and the 250X is closer to what I need (ride in the woods mostly).
Jim.

Yea I hate that I live in Cali, plus I live in Fresno. Which means no one rides the 450x near me, which means I have to drive atleast 2-3hrs to test ride and buy one. What were the changes from 05-09? 09-roughly the 16’?

Yeah these bikes are hard to find around Sacramento. My 09 was kicking ass until the bottom end went out. I actually bought it down in the Merced area

Yeah these bikes are hard to find around Sacramento. My 09 was kicking ass until the bottom end went out. I actually bought it down in the Merced area

That sucks, yea they are few and far between down in Central Cali.
  • Like 1

That sucks, yea they are few and far between down in Central Cali.

Yeah it took me 3-4 months to find one. People don’t want to let them go. Tells you something about the bike
  • Like 1

There are six for sale in Denver on craigslist, around $3200

• Like 1

There are six for sale in Denver on craigslist, around $3200

That’s a long way from Fresno Cali, thanks tho. So not much have changed on these bikes over the years that’s nice to know. But kind of surprising.

That’s a long way from Fresno Cali, thanks tho. So not much have changed on these bikes over the years that’s nice to know. But kind of surprising.

08 was the year they made some changes. Reduced offset on the triple clamps, smaller fuel tank, and a few other minor changes. 08 and up are the same bike. I would definitely look at getting an 08 or newer if I was looking for one.

'09 had some minor tweaks as well. Change in the AP in the carb, and that's the year they beefed up the decompression setup.

Stick with '09 and up, although an early '09 production model might not have the decompressor change unless it went in for the recall work.

Jim.

Edited by Jim Dettman

There are usually a bunch for sale at any given time down here in Southern Ca

Thanks Dan, yea seen allot down south. Problem is I work for BNSF railway, so I don’t have days off. If I have a day off I won’t know until that day. Which makes making long trips difficult.

Went a different route. Decided on a 08 ktm 450 xcr-w!! Back on a ktm and I’m ecstatic about it!!