Planning SC trip...need recommendations for best dirt bike trails

Last year a bunch of us drove down in January to do the Boxton Bridge dual sport.  We had a blast and it was great to get away from the freezing NE temps.  So this year, we are planning the trip again, but are thinking of adding an extra day somewhere close by.  We are coming down 95 and looking at the map, I see several places we could stop and ride, but I know absolutely nothing about them.  Looking for guidance where would be the best place to spend our day.

So far according to google maps, the following places seems reasonable driving distance.  None of us have ever ridden at any of these places, so any insight would be appreciated.  We are all B racers and up.  Not looking for rock crawling type riding if that helps.  Don't mind some rocks, just not extreme rock riding (like Tennessee Knockout).  We only plan to ride 4-5 hours at one of these places, so we don't need 100 miles of trails to keep us busy if that helps.

1) Battery Park 

2) Carolina Adv World

3) Wambaw Trail

4) Moto-Vated complex

5) Manchester State Forest

I ride Wambaw all the time. Justin is right, it is sandy and has a lot of whoops. If you don’t like sand, it’s not for you. It is kept in very good condition though.
Went to Manchester a few months ago. It’s a lot like Wambaw, but was in horrible condition. Definitely don’t recommend that place.
CAW is fun, but a little pricey if you’re only riding for a few hours.
Only been to Battery Park once, but had a good time. Has tracks and trails.
Hope this helps, have fun down here in S.C.!

Another consideration is Durhams Town in Georgia. Maybe 2 1/2 hours out of Columbia. Google or YouTube the place it has like 16 tracks and trails. Something for everyone.

CAW in Winnsboro, SC is great. But its pricey. When we go we get there right at opening and ride all day long till nearly an hour before close. Its got more mud than anything. A few hillclimbs here and there but mainly open fast paced trails you can really just "chill" riding them.

Just got back from CAW. It was a little different than I thought.  Wasn't as much mudholes all thru the place. The single track was decent ,but needed some love. Some of it was confusing ,trying to connect one from the rest. They should have it in a loop and Mark it better. The larger trail was fast and fun. Plus they are mostly one way trails. You still have to watch for wrong way riders. Some rocks and many hills,more than I thought.  Manmath mountain was something I had to try,but after a couple times I talked myself out of it. One of our young fellows made it with help from the grown ups.  He was 14, so props to him. Over all it would be some where I would vist again.

Just got back from CAW. It was a little different than I thought.  Wasn't as much mudholes all thru the place. The single track was decent ,but needed some love. Some of it was confusing ,trying to connect one from the rest. They should have it in a loop and Mark it better. The larger trail was fast and fun. Plus they are mostly one way trails. You still have to watch for wrong way riders. Some rocks and many hills,more than I thought.  Manmath mountain was something I had to try,but after a couple times I talked myself out of it. One of our young fellows made it with help from the grown ups.  He was 14, so props to him. Over all it would be some where I would vist again.

We went beginning of October and we rode bikes through literally soup of trails. It rained so hard for 3 days and we went on a 2 mile loop and had a good 50 pounds of mud on each bike after. Its fun but honestly brushy mountain is better for real "trail" riding. And yes the trails are really confusing. Ive been there a good 10 times and still get lost trying to follow green 6 full loop. The thing i hate about the place is the service roads. Lots of people on ATVs fly down them and have no regard for others. Basically asshats. Ive almost got plowed over multiple times by them. Anyways, its a good place to ride when its rained after.

8 hours ago, RidingWithStyle said:

We went beginning of October and we rode bikes through literally soup of trails. It rained so hard for 3 days and we went on a 2 mile loop and had a good 50 pounds of mud on each bike after. Its fun but honestly brushy mountain is better for real "trail" riding. And yes the trails are really confusing. Ive been there a good 10 times and still get lost trying to follow green 6 full loop. The thing i hate about the place is the service roads. Lots of people on ATVs fly down them and have no regard for others. Basically asshats. Ive almost got plowed over multiple times by them. Anyways, its a good place to ride when its rained after.

Luckily for us,it wasn't that crowded. I think we picked the best weekend to go.  Yesterday there were only 5 trucks in the parking lot. We were the only ones on the dirt bike trails. Plus some of the guys with me aren't ready for brushy.

Edited by Edgecombe

The off-road side of Motovated is in pretty rough shape right now. They have about an 11 mile loop that was ok until the Reindeer dash hare scramble last weekend. I went the day after the race and it was beat up / whooped out pretty bad. They ran a different course for the race but also use part of the normal off-road course. Both motocross tracks get regular grooming and the clay track is a ball for non motocrossers. Pretty much all table tops and short / small doubles if you want to. The sand motocross track has been in good shape every time I’ve been but it’s just not my thing. Clay