Best gear for the money?

So the holidays are coming up and I am looking at some mx gear (jersey/pants). I searched abroad on RMATV and found lots of choices. But my question is whats the best gear that will hold up over time that is not stupid expensive? Price range: $80-120. I got new fox gear and the pants logos were printed on and are peeling off not even after 10-15 rides on them. They also have holes in them along the legs. The jersey is holding up though. Anyways, what would you guys recommend? Im 6ft, 200lbs and need gear that runs loose and is comfortable. Not baggy, but not cutting my circulation off either lol. Needs to hold up in the knees and thigh area (i wear knee pads).

Edit: currently looking at oneal gear and aliasMX gear. Anything i should look out for?

Thor gear seems to be most durable, just not as fashionable.  I have a 10 year old set of Thor gear I retired last year just to get new gear, its still perfect after numerous wrecks and countless hours.  Not sure about their newer stuff, though.  Look on motorcyclecloseouts.com for deals, I got a set of Scott gear for $40 last year.

• Like 4

I started buying Klim pants.... My favorite is the Mohave in the boot pants...  They run about $130 I think, they last three times longer than any other brand I’ve tried and are basically all but rip proof...   Comfort and durability is second to none for sure... I’m about the same size as you and also wear knee pads.  Expensive yes, but you know the saying..

• Like 3

All Shift gear for me (gloves, pants, jersey), at least for the past 15 years. 

Looking at trying their stuff. The thing is i saw some at the local shop and it looked cheap.
  • Like 1

MSR has held up best in my experience.  Unfortunately they just sold to Rocky Mountain so I worry the quality will not be the same for much longer.  I tend to find their stuff on great clearance pricing too.

I am a big believer in the Klim gear but it is expensive. The Fly gear has come a long way and seems like quality stuff for what you pay.

MSR has held up best in my experience.  Unfortunately they just sold to Rocky Mountain so I worry the quality will not be the same for much longer.  I tend to find their stuff on great clearance pricing too.

Browsing rocky mountain now. See TONS of their gear always on closeout. Which kinda worries me. But i used to have MSR pants and they lasted forever till i fell on my exhaust and burnt a giant ass hole in the thigh. Lol

I am a big believer in the Klim gear but it is expensive. The Fly gear has come a long way and seems like quality stuff for what you pay.

I looked at their stuff. I see alot of enduro youtubers wearing their stuff. The jerseys dont seem too high but than i look at the pants

I have found very little difference in quality of the major brands in forty years plus. My biggest issue is finding gear that isn't embarrassing.

• Like 4

Moose is my go too. Price is usually decent, most of it holds up well. Generally can even find it in my size in closeouts on RMATVMC.

I have found very little difference in quality of the major brands in forty years plus. My biggest issue is finding gear that isn't embarrassing.

What do you mean embarrassing? Have you seen the troy lee designs poka dot gear? I would wear the hell out of that.
  • Like 2

Moose is my go too. Price is usually decent, most of it holds up well. Generally can even find it in my size in closeouts on RMATVMC.

They sell it at my local shop also. I always think of moose racing to be like the "backup" brand. I dont why. Their older stuff seemed really cheaply made i guess. Now ive heard they make tons of race bike parts.

Fly has stepped up their game, but also their price.  I still find that Thor is my go-to gear for good quality and decent price.  Additionally, they seem to make a lot of every model/product so there is always some to be had on closeouts.

Last week I launched my brand new KTM 450 SX-F and tore my 2015 Thor jersey that I bought on closeout when the 2016s came out.  The 2018s are out now.  Admittedly, I did not find many, and most were overseas, but Chaparral Motorsports had one and I was able to pick it up and save myself from having to buy another matching set.

My boy needed a new set of gear as he was down to one from growth spurts.  I was able to find a matching set of Thor gear that fits.  It is late in the game for clearance stuff right now, so all you really find from any manufacturer is unpopular colors and/or odd sizes.  This gear I bought was neither.  The boy is a Fox kid, but when I'm paying for it, and having just spent money on a new KTM and getting it set-up, he gets what I can find/afford, and I can't go wrong with Thor.

Dave

• Like 1

Fly has stepped up their game, but also their price.  I still find that Thor is my go-to gear for good quality and decent price.  Additionally, they seem to make a lot of every model/product so there is always some to be had on closeouts.
Last week I launched my brand new KTM 450 SX-F and tore my 2015 Thor jersey that I bought on closeout when the 2016s came out.  The 2018s are out now.  Admittedly, I did not find many, and most were overseas, but Chaparral Motorsports had one and I was able to pick it up and save myself from having to buy another matching set.
My boy needed a new set of gear as he was down to one from growth spurts.  I was able to find a matching set of Thor gear that fits.  It is late in the game for clearance stuff right now, so all you really find from any manufacturer is unpopular colors and/or odd sizes.  This gear I bought was neither.  The boy is a Fox kid, but when I'm paying for it, and having just spent money on a new KTM and getting it set-up, he gets what I can find/afford, and I can't go wrong with Thor.
Dave

Dang hope you are all good. And yeah all i am really seeing is mostly closeout gear on rocky mountain. Very little "actual priced" stuff. I will check into some other sites though. Ive never wore thor gear, only fox and it runs sorta tight for my size and the new stuff isnt really "quality". Most of gear i have seen is bland colors. I usually go for black so after a season it still looks half decent but i am looking for some wild color ways like with troy lee's stuff.

Even though I just bought fly kinetic gear on close out, my previous Thor gear had been through 10 years of washing, riding, and crashing and looked basically new. 

Even though I just bought fly kinetic gear on close out, my previous Thor gear had been through 10 years of washing, riding, and crashing and looked basically new. 

Seems like thor is winning the durability race. I hope they have some loud styles. I will look into their stuff now.
  • Like 2

@RidingWithStyle

they have some crazy styles and some more simple ones, depends on gear line I guess. Only reason I didn't buy Thor this time is because of crazy close out price on fly, is certainly buy Thor again

[mention=498147]RidingWithStyle[/mention]
they have some crazy styles and some more simple ones, depends on gear line I guess. Only reason I didn't buy Thor this time is because of crazy close out price on fly, is certainly buy Thor again

Fly is literally giving everything away basically. Ive seen jerseys on rocky mountain for $13 and pants for $50.