Acerbis 3.9 gal S model fuel tank

Anyone out there got the Acerbis 3.9 gal S-model fuel tank on their bike?  Please post pics!  I've been all over the web but have never seen a picture of one on a bike.

I like the look of it (much more so than the Clarke) but am concerned about width and am guessing it sticks out past the seat in terms of width (they have to get their capacity somewhere).  I like the ergos of the stock tank but want to go to plastic; extra fuel capacity is a bonus.  I'm considering the IMS 3.2 gal but am concerned about fit-and-finish and colour variability of the natural.

Comments please!

Acerbis 3.9.jpg

Yeah, that's the tank for the E model. Totally different.

• Like 1

Put a 3 gallon IMS on my bike from JustGasTanks.com 2012 KLX250S, fit is excellent, mine is black and the stock shrouds fit like factory. Does not interfere with anything the stock tank didn't either. Four years old and not one issue.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GrinP said:

Anyone out there got the Acerbis 3.9 gal S-model fuel tank on their bike?  Please post pics!  I've been all over the web but have never seen a picture of one on a bike.

I like the look of it (much more so than the Clarke) but am concerned about width and am guessing it sticks out past the seat in terms of width (they have to get their capacity somewhere).  I like the ergos of the stock tank but want to go to plastic; extra fuel capacity is a bonus.  I'm considering the IMS 3.2 gal but am concerned about fit-and-finish and colour variability of the natural.

Comments please!

Acerbis 3.9.jpg

I think mine is a 3.7 gallon. It will also give you dual petcocks allowing a little more fuel for those top end runs we all love so much!

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2068.JPG

• Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 9:42 AM, GrinP said:

Comments please!

Acerbis 3.9.jpg

This post has some good photos and also a install video that shows stock vs. the new tank. Don't let the thread title fool you, it morphed to a discussion about the S tank that you're interested in.

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1189360-acerbis-37-gallon-tank-on-a-ssm-model/?do=findComment&comment=13532671

• Like 1

Thanks BackpackerMoto! That's EXACTLY the info I was looking for. Looks pretty monstrous. I think I'll go for the ims 3.2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrinP said:

Thanks BackpackerMoto! That's EXACTLY the info I was looking for. Looks pretty monstrous. I think I'll go for the ims 3.2.

That's the same conclusion I came to. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hmmm, I must've missed this tank in some of the other threads. I think it looks better than the big Clarke. I noticed it doesn't come up on a lot of searches, but I found it on Amazon. It says it fits the S, but when I plug in the SM to the Amazon fitment wizard, it says no go. Is that really the case? If it fits S, shouldn't it fit SM?

https://www.amazon.com/ACERBIS-Tank-Gas-Drz400S-3-9/dp/B01N9GAVLD

Hmm...I always thought the 3.9 was for the E.  Best bet is to go to the Acerbis website; I wouldn't necessarily trust what Amazon says.  I think the S and SM are identical when it comes to tanks.

• Like 1