What is specification of xr650r rear shock /rubber bumper

Trying to get a rear shock rubber bumper. I cannot ask here for honda part i need to know what size rubber bumper so i can find equivalent one to fit of another bike/shock

I need to be able to go into motorcycle shop and say i need rubber bumper such and such size . they dont know here what an xr650r is and mine has disintegrated so cant show them.

any idea what size to ask for what kyb shock ?

You guys in USA have it easy when it comes to parts, here in Africa we always have to find a rounabout way, makes life interesting :)

Edited by kwekuPaul

The first number is the hole/shaft diameter , then width and height. Take some measurements and take your pick , it's not rocket science , it's just some type of rubber.   :lol:

16mm shaft

55mm long

26mm pocket at base (this could be bored out later)

XR650R Shock Bumper 003.jpg

8 hours ago, firsthere said:

16mm shaft

55mm long

Thanks for this, appreciate it. is this the actual XR650R bumper measurement ?

lazy man question....

can i split the rubber and re glue round the shock shaft.  To avoid having to dismantle shock ??

Stock XR650R Bumper.

If the bumper disintegrated chances are a leaking shock caused it. Probably needs to be looked at internally.

No all rubbers on bike have disintegrated . Is climate here. Chain slide literally fell of in pcs

Chasing guide fell to pcs too.

Everything went brittle. Bumper turned to dust. I just blew it of as powder.

You maybe able to remove the lower clevis as there is a nut on the bottom. Never tried it since the rebound adjuster is involved and probably pressurized, you would be back to changing fluid ,bleeding, and filling with nitrogen.

On 11/16/2017 at 2:40 AM, firsthere said:

16mm shaft

55mm long

What do you mean can be bored out later? . and the 26mm is the internal measurement?. could you do me favour and check the external bottom (wider) measurement.

Thanks.

Look at the cup on the bottom where the bumper sits, that is why there is a pocket. Fit it to that.