Updated water impeller 05 kx 250

The replacement impeller I bought for my 05 kx looks like it will be more efficient. I was worried it was wrong part at first, but part numbers line up. It appears to be same dimensions......IMG_0788.jpg

Quite a difference there!!

the top one looks like a factory kx250 impeller i haven't seen the bottom one on any of my kx250s

Supposedly bike may have been Michael Byrnes. Maybe a practice bike of his. Bike has pro Circuit everything. I’m pretty sure old impeller is stock but who knows. Like a dummy I broke off one of the fins.

I think I have one of stewies old pipes without the added skin. For sure an old burner pipe. Mag side case...Anyway...

What's the weight difference between the two?

Thanks

Paul

While the new one may pump more coolant, the older one may use less HP at full RPM use. 

Very similar in weight just by holding in hand. The new one is a tad heavier maybe.

The top one is a standard impeller.  Same one they have been using for many years on previous models.  The bottom impeller looks like a Boyesen.

The top one is a standard impeller.  Same one they have been using for many years on previous models.  The bottom impeller looks like a Boyesen.

Ok thanks for the info.

I just looked up Boyesen and I’m positive your right. Bummer I broke a fin off!!

Shit happens when you party naked.

Shit happens when you party naked.

Yes sir it does!!! 🕺🏼

Would you care to show a few pics of the bike and parts?

Thank you.

Would you care to show a few pics of the bike and parts?

Thank you.

I sure can. I’ll post some up this weekend when I get home.

Here are some pics. Mag side case and pro circuit motor are not on the bike now. Trying my stock pipe and stock motor currently. I also blew pc motor, needs a cylinder walls recoated I believe. Sucked in a bunch of sand at worcs sand hollow race.

Pc link,pc foot pegs, pc works kit suspension, pc throttle tubes, pc motor, pc pipes no part number.

It does not have water pump tabs so I don’t know if it was a factory bike. Bike was built by mike hooker before he left pc. I have paperwork on that.

Pipes have no part numbers and I didn’t include pipe pic with m stamped on it. You can see one with an s stamp and another with 05 kx stamp.IMG_0791.jpgIMG_0793.jpgIMG_0794.jpgIMG_0795.jpgIMG_0796.jpgIMG_0798.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0802.jpg

Pipes are all brazed welded..

Here is another pic on ride today. Hit the ground hard today though.

IMG_0804.jpg

COOL. Thanks for posting those. You have some really nice parts. I have seen the brassy looking brazing on the factory (non normal customer) pipes. Really cool.

I have tried to gather some parts over the years. The only non store bought part I have is a carbon fiber / titanium silencer. Whoever had it before put some small numberplate sticker on it that says "259". Odd.

COOL. Thanks for posting those. You have some really nice parts. I have seen the brassy looking brazing on the factory (non normal customer) pipes. Really cool.

I have tried to gather some parts over the years. The only non store bought part I have is a carbon fiber / titanium silencer. Whoever had it before put some small numberplate sticker on it that says "259". Odd.

Ahh very cool about the silencer. One of the pics is if a standard pc pipe. I took a pic of wrong one.

I got it off eBay years ago on a Buy It Now. The guy had an aluminum regular one and that one. He didn't know what he had. It took me a little while to figure out what it might have been. After buying it and getting it in my hands, THEN I asked questions. :) He said his friend got it from some pro racer. LOL :lol:

I finally found that sticker kit this spring on eBay. I had waited years for it to show up. The same guy had some Kawasaki gold-ish brazed pipes, but wanted $500 or $550, couldn't do it.

I have the standard Works pipe on mine. It is definitely a run and gun fun powerband. Smooth and wide it ain't. :) 

Photo259.JPG