Reliable low pressure electric pressure washers?

I'm in need of a portable electric pressure washer for the cars, lawn/garden stuff, and of course, the bike when I play in the mud.  I really don't need more than 1800psi, but in reading reviews, so many seem like garbage.

What are you using that has lasted under light to moderate use? I have a gas unit for bigger jobs, but I'd like an electric unit as well. About the only brand that comes to mind as a leader in electric is Karcher. What should I be considering and why? Looking for first-hand experience please.

I bought a Greenworks 1600 psi from Lowe's.  Was $99 . Seems to work pretty good. My gas one died and I didn't feel like spending the money on another one right now.  For the most part it works fine for the bikes.  I haven't used it on anything else. Years ago I had on from Walmart it lasted for 3 years before dieing. I think anyone from $100-$150 is going to be about the same performance and quality. 

Edited by GreenMT_Rider
Just now, cjjeepercreeper said:

I've been wondering about this one:

https://www.harborfreight.com/1750-psi-13-gpm-electric-pressure-washer-63254.html

With one of those 20% coupons it would be $80.

Saw that. But, some pretty bad reviews in there. Price is great, but for stuff I keep forever, price is not top of the heap. But then again, pretty low risk that 80 bucks...

I got the Ryobi 1,700-PSI 1.2-GPM Electric Pressure Washer from Home Depot in the spring and it has been working great. The only issue I have is when I use the low pressure nozzle for soap sometimes the trigger stays on and I have to pop off the low pressure tip and put the regular one back on to stop the flow of water. Other than that is has been great. I use it to clean the bike every weekend and also has worked well cleaning the siding and walkways.

44 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Saw that. But, some pretty bad reviews in there. Price is great, but for stuff I keep forever, price is not top of the heap. But then again, pretty low risk that 80 bucks...

LOL, just got an email, that thing is $77 now.

I've had reasonably good luck w/ these washers. I'm pretty rough on them....stay hooked up all the time for cleaning bikes, quads, lawn mowers, washing our pickups, etc. About 2 years is all I've ever got out of any brand of low pressure (1500-1900 psi) electric washer. MY set up @ LL's ATV National back in August of this year. That's gravity flow out to the electric washer from my truck w/ a 1.5" line down to 3/4" hose adapter.

https://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-PW1901-Pressure-Washer/p73367.html

IMG_5183.JPG

Edited by dfesmire99
36 minutes ago, dfesmire99 said:

I've had reasonably good luck w/ these washers. I'm pretty rough on them....stay hooked up all the time for cleaning bikes, quads, lawn mowers, washing our pickups, etc. About 2 years is all I've ever got out of any brand of low pressure (1500-1900 psi) electric washer. MY set up @ LL's ATV National back in August of this year. That's gravity flow out to the electric washer from my truck w/ a 1.5" line down to 3/4" hose adapter.

https://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-PW1901-Pressure-Washer/p73367.html

IMG_5183.JPG

Don't you know you're supposed to put Granny's Quilting or something like that on your trailer so the tweakers don't steal it!  Not motorcycles. ;)

3 hours ago, KTMMike350EXC-F said:

I got the Ryobi 1,700-PSI 1.2-GPM Electric Pressure Washer from Home Depot in the spring and it has been working great. The only issue I have is when I use the low pressure nozzle for soap sometimes the trigger stays on and I have to pop off the low pressure tip and put the regular one back on to stop the flow of water. Other than that is has been great. I use it to clean the bike every weekend and also has worked well cleaning the siding and walkways.

They also have a 3 year warranty on the Ryobi . Solid units . 

I have 4 years on my Ryobi, still going strong. It's almost perfect for dirt bikes and cars. It will also clean driveways and decks but not as well as a full power gas unit.

I also have a Greenworks I bought to keep at my parents house to wash the bikes when I ride there. It does the job too but it doesn't have near the hours of the Ryobi.

4 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

LOL, just got an email, that thing is $77 now.

I have a Harbor Freight cheapo, mine is blue at liitle different. Paid $70 two years and going strong, only thing that went wrong was the GFCI cord cap, I put a regular cap on it as it always gets plugged in to a GFCI outside anyway. Not near as good as my gas model but I leave it on the side of my shop until the freeze comes along, so it has sat outside two summers and still works. 

I've had the same question and didn't come to a conclusion other than just buy something cheap as they don't last. I haven't purchased anything yet.