What the heck?!? Who are these made for?

https://www.motosport.com/klim-2018-adventure-rally-pants

Seriously, what the heck? $1,029.99 for a pair of pants! Am I in the wrong sport?!? Did I somehow worm my way in to a billionaire boys club and no one noticed that I didn't belong?

That's more than my first bike cost. 

Edited by cosmoKenney
5 minutes ago, cosmoKenney said:

https://www.motosport.com/klim-2018-adventure-rally-pants

Seriously, what the heck? $1,029.99 for a pair of pants! Am I in the wrong sport?!? Did I somehow worm my way in to a billionaire boys club and no one noticed that I didn't belong?

That's more than my first bike cost. 

The "golden" Klim pant and jacket as been out for a while. You get an invitation to buy them when you sell your bay area tech company for a bajillion, you pick up your new BMW 1200 GSA with your new Landy, and book your riding excursion to Machu Picchu. Didn't get your invite yet? :confused:

Damn, I just moved, so my invite must have been lost in the mail. 

Just now, cosmoKenney said:

Damn, I just moved, so my invite must have been lost in the mail. 

You too? Shit, what are the odds? :excuseme:

Put this over in TS and what the thread FLY.  :lol:

Here's the golden jacket. Just $1,700 bucks.

RevZilla has the best product videos HANDS DOWN.

I laugh when I watch a RMATV or Motorcycle Superstore vid and some young kid trys to fast talk with an Anthony voice...  :lol:

Here's the gear in its native environment...

DSC00154-600x400.jpg

1 minute ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

RevZilla has the best product videos HANDS DOWN.

I laugh when I watch a RMATV or Motorcycle Superstore vid and some young kid trys to fast talk with an Anthony voice...  :lol:

He's talking fast in hopes you don't see the price! :lol:

Okay, all kidding aside, for someone who cannot afford a $1,700 jacket... i.e. someone who might be able to afford a $17 jacket, what do I get for wet woods riding? Actually, I have a bilt explorer jacket with a liner that I wear when it's raining. But I really need a solution for pants. I have in the boot pants, but my tootsies get wet and cold. That's going to happen anyway, but I think it'll take longer with a good OTB pant that cinches down on the boot?? 

I tried to buy some on credit. they said congrats you qualify for our lay-away program :thumbsup:

I bought a new visor for my fix helmet, $13. Felt like I got ripped off. Guess I have to wear my old gloves for a while longer

KLIM....... Suckers!

giphy.gif

This gear is like the Dodge Hellcat widebody... Not really about making money, but a lot of free press. See? We're the suckers! ;)

20 hours ago, cosmoKenney said:

Okay, all kidding aside, for someone who cannot afford a $1,700 jacket... i.e. someone who might be able to afford a $17 jacket, what do I get for wet woods riding? Actually, I have a bilt explorer jacket with a liner that I wear when it's raining. But I really need a solution for pants. I have in the boot pants, but my tootsies get wet and cold. That's going to happen anyway, but I think it'll take longer with a good OTB pant that cinches down on the boot?? 

If your feet are getting wet just put your socks on and then place your feet in a plastic grocery bag and then put your boots on.  You feet will stay warm too.

Its made in America, Americans don't work cheap. All your gear should cost a grand, it doesn't because we're happy shipping all our manufacturing jobs, money and the dignity of the working class to China.

Never mind, its made in China lol. I wear Aerostich, its made in Duluth, which is too close to Canada, but it's not China.

41 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

Its made in America, Americans don't work cheap. All your gear should cost a grand, it doesn't because we're happy shipping all our manufacturing jobs, money and the dignity of the working class to China.

Never mind, its made in China lol. I wear Aerostich, its made in Duluth, which is too close to Canada, but it's not China.

Is Klim gear really made in China??

Aerostich and Motoport gear is money well spent if you want quality street-gear that is durable and functional.

Is Klim gear really made in China??
Aerostich and Motoport gear is money well spent if you want quality street-gear that is durable and functional.

Yup. So say the interwebs. I wear my two piece Roadcrafter on my dual sport all winter long, it really increases the number of rideable days. 20171112_125253.jpg I had to shop CL for a long time to find one that fits perfect, best 400$ I ever spent on gear. When it wears out ill buy a new one, 1400$.
2 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

Yup. So say the interwebs. I wear my two piece Roadcrafter on my dual sport all winter long, it really increases the number of rideable days.

I had to shop CL for a long time to find one that fits perfect, best 400$ I ever spent on gear. When it wears out ill buy a new one, 1400$.

Yep, I ended up getting my motoport gear on ebay for about the same price. I liked that the kevlar is mesh, so whenever it's 90+ degrees I leave the liners out and I'm still cool if there's any airflow. 

Yep, I ended up getting my motoport gear on ebay for about the same price. I liked that the kevlar is mesh, so whenever it's 90+ degrees I leave the liners out and I'm still cool if there's any airflow. 

Their mesh suits are awesome. It's never that hot where I live though. I use Pilot Leathers for sport and track duty. Also made in Murka, well, California. Its really hard to buy American made stuff these days.
1 hour ago, HeavyRotation said:

We need to support China MORE...  not less...  I can't find a descent Chinese Takeout anywhere near me...  those bastards must be struggling.