2010 TE250 no start condition

Looking for some suggestions here on a 2010 te250 with a no start condition. This is something that happened suddenly, has not run since it shut off. The bike has apparent spark, valves are slightly tight on the intake at .10mm (.15 is spec but in my experience this is not enough to cause a no start), coolant temp sensor is brand new. The bike will back fire every now and then but will not fire. Are there any known issues with these bikes that I should know about? I'm not very familiar with these huskys. Also, how do you confirm that the crank is at TDC when setting timing

will it bump start?

Haven't tried it, I'm not a believer in bump starting. I'd rather track down the problem and fix it so it starts like it's supposed to

57 minutes ago, Woodsweapon350 said:

Haven't tried it, I'm not a believer in bump starting. I'd rather track down the problem and fix it so it starts like it's supposed to

I get that. But in my experience- if it bump starts, that rules out a few possible issues. With one of my 4 strokes a few yrs ago- when the valves stared to tighten up it would be hard to start, but would bump start. 

I get that. But in my experience- if it bump starts, that rules out a few possible issues. With one of my 4 strokes a few yrs ago- when the valves stared to tighten up it would be hard to start, but would bump start. 

Correct that's very common with tight valves but I have already confirmed the valves have more than enough clearance for the engine to start on its own, it has passed a leak down test with flying colors.

Fuel pump, fuel hose, fuel filter, kill switch, clutch safety switch, battery contact, coil, stator,,,,,,, Those bikes ran really good when they ran otherwise hit and miss with many issues.

I had a fuel pump go on my 2009 TE250 at 3700-ish kms. It was a bit of an intermittent fault for a while which had me scratching my head but then it just refused to start. It would fart and attempt to run but no cigar. Fixed it with a $30 eBay special.

Might be worth a go, given that your stock one is likely to go sometime soon anyway.

..Ben