Ktm 125 sx 2015 or cr125 2003

cryzrmkxktm

i interested in buying a cr125 2003 and ktm 125 sx 2015. the cr cost 3725 but i have lowered the price down to 3100. the ktm 125 cost 3700 and his firm with the price. cr has a dint on the pipe and needs some plastics and has around 8 rides from top end rebuild. the ktm 125 owner doesnt know how much the top end has but has said that it has had one a while ago and that the bike starts up first kick and runs well. im looking for a bike that has good power and good speed, ik some people have told me to get a 4 stroke 250 but im not really wanting to do the rebuilds which cost alot.

thank you for your response 

The KTM, a 15 KTM will run circles around an 03 CR any day.  Better bike all around, and 3725 for an 03 CR is crazy, that's a 2,000 dollar bike in flawless condition.  The KTM seems to priced fairly appropriately for what it is.

The cr125 is a $1500 bike, $3100 is way over priced. The ktm price is in line for the year. Performance wise the ktm will be better all the way around. 

Edited by poldies4

yea but should i take the risk of getting the ktm 125, cause i asked the dude and he isnt sure how much the bike has on top end, and i wouldnt wanna buy a bike that ill need to rebuild as soon as i get it

4 minutes ago, Johnno Callea said:

yea but should i take the risk of getting the ktm 125, cause i asked the dude and he isnt sure how much the bike has on top end, and i wouldnt wanna buy a bike that ill need to rebuild as soon as i get it

Yes, even if it needed a rebuild you'd be way farther ahead with that bike.  A 125 top end is about 150 bucks, and can be done in a few hours, super easy.

yea true, cheers for your response man, appericate it :thumbsup:

KTM. All the way.