2003 rm250 help!!

Hey guys I got a 2003 rm250 from my cousin for 200 buks it's not pretty but it ran before I tore it down.but anyway the cylinder has none of the power valve assembly and I can't find a used cylinder anywhere does anyone no we're I can find one or maybe get a used power valve assembly there over 500 for the power valve parts brand New.i also found a 05 cylinder but it has weird pitting around the top were the o  rings for the head are will power valves from a 05 cylinder work on a 03 cylinder? If anyone has any suggestions or info it would be greatly appreciated thanks boys

Edited by kyleh102

eBay "2003 rm250 powervalve"

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X2003+rm250+powervalve.TRS0&_nkw=2003+rm250+powervalve&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2001-Suzuki-RM250-Powervalve-Power-Valve-Arm-Gear-OEM-01-RM-250-B4049/172874236490?fits=Year%3A2003&hash=item28401b824a:g:Tq8AAOSwrfVZVPKw

Honestly if the condition is decent invest some money in a powervalve whether that used or new(preferably). If it was running why do you need to replace the cylinder? Just make sure that the bore is within spec and it doesn't need to be replated and if that's ok put a new top end in, get the powervalve and you'll be on your way. Any 03 rm250 in decent condition would likely sell for at least $1000. If you look at a parts diagram for an 03 rm250 or by calling a dealer you'll be able to find all the PV parts you need AND/OR if a 05 cylinder would work. But again why change the cylinder if it's in good condition? Maybe post up some pics of entire bike, cylinder, piston,etc.

The cylinder isn't in the best condition if it would kept running it woulda seised up it looks like the power valve explodad inside and some one took all the peices out.there littlerally isn't any peices of the power valve in the cylinder it needs everything if I can find one for this cylinder I will just get it plated.your probably rite I should just buy all the peices I was just hoping to save as much money possible thank you

s-l400.jpg

03 04 05 powervalves are very similar in visual appearance. I put a 05 set up on my old 03 once and couldn't tell a difference. Powerseal or millennium will both fix the pitting and replate it. Probably about $250 if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since I had one redone.

Thanks I appreciate it I'm almost tempted to run it the way it is the rest of the cylinder is perfect.i think it happened from the bike sitting in the weather

9 hours ago, kyleh102 said:

Thanks I appreciate it I'm almost tempted to run it the way it is the rest of the cylinder is perfect.i think it happened from the bike sitting in the weather

Have you measured the cylinder to make sure it is in spec ?