Beta's Jordan Ashburn 2nd in Sprint Full Gas Enduro Championship

This finish very important to Beta for a few reasons:

* It is the USA and therefore more "accepted" as a legit result due to the level of competition.

* It is perhaps the best result of a Beta 4 stroke.

* Jordan has "overachieved" for his racing resume.

* The bikes in this series are factory or factory support at the highest level, these are the same bikes winning in SX/MX competition at the highest levels.

While this series doesn't carry the recognition of the GNCC's, the format has moved to the forefront of Enduro and is quite similar to what is run in EnduroGP. There are "Cross" sections (which Jordan was the fastest at last weekend) and there are "Trails" also, although not as tight as true enduro. Jordan was battling for the championship lead for the last several races/months and I have to wonder if he backed it down in the GNCC's knowing he had much to risk and was best to save himself for the Sprints? Either way, fantastic job by Jordan, and well done Beta (he stayed on the '17) proving that the bikes don't need to apologize for anything.

While Beta may have no interest in "track" racing, they happen to make a bike that would be able to compete if they chose to. Sponsoring a race team for a manufacturer is about proving that your machine can compete. Beta just did that. Again.

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/2017-Full-Gas-Sprint-Enduro-Series-Round-9-Highlights,16290/GD2,43126

http://www.cyclenews.com/2017/11/article/2017-south-carolina-sprint-enduro-results/

ahburn-LLRSprint-022-1-1024x683.jpg

ashburn-Virginia-Sprint-025-1-1024x683.j

Edited by Johnny Depp

I guess I have to check who’s racing etc...and compare to other races.. great news.. 

I don’t think itsa best for beta 4 strokes. Got purvines and gerston and salvini . I also don’t think usa is better or worse than ewc stuff. Well depending on the course and who is racing. Id like to watch some video.:thumbsup::ride:

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

With Max off racing the last National Western Hare Scrambles this weekend where he has a healthy point lead, Jordan is going to be coming in and trying out Endurocross in Max's place for Ontario. 

I had assumed he would be racing Max's 350, but I've seen on social media Jordan practicing EX on a 300, so I don't know what he's riding. Or maybe since he only has 430's and 300's he thought better to practice on a 300 if he's racing Max's bike?   I haven't bothered to ask anybody.