'03 125sx bolt source

Recently bought a used '03 125sx off of craigslist. Its got quite a few bolts/nuts/screws that are rounded off/stripped. Where is the best place to buy hardware without paying dealership OEM prices?

Things I'm needing:

Axle nut (completely rounded, not sure how I'm gonna get it loose honestly)

Slotted screws for clutch master cylinder reservoir

Twist pin? (for air box cover)

As far as the axle nut and the MC cover screws (?), you will b better off going OEM, most other stuff can b gotten with the Boltz European kit, Boltz.com maybe.

Yes the lock pins for the filter cover will have to b OEM too, also get a roll of black Duct tape and tape the front of your filter cover if not you will lose it.

11 minutes ago, monjorrow said:

Axle nut (completely rounded, not sure how I'm gonna get it loose honestly)

Grind down one side until its thin and it should come loose 

Edited by kxrob
  • Like 1

Would there be anything wrong with using just a standard grade 8 M20x1.5 flange nut? I can just go grab one of those from work..

Same with the M4x12 screws for the reservoir..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, monjorrow said:

Would there be anything wrong with using just a standard grade 8 M20x1.5 flange nut? I can just go grab one of those from work..

Same with the M4x12 screws for the reservoir..

That's what I did for my kx , normal nut of the correct thread , high tensile washer and split pin , torqued every time I pull wheel off 

Grind down one side until its thin and it should come loose 

So I ground off a piece hoping it would relieve the pressure and the nut would come off. No dice. The axle is steel and the nut is(was) aluminum and they were badly corroded together. It took me an hour with a grinder to get that little pita off. But it’s off now and I just ended up getting a Tusk replacement nut from Rocky Mountain as I was ordering some other stuff anyways. I did end up finding the m4x12 reservoir bolts at work, they're even stainless

• Like 1

KTM sells a bolt and nut kit and its not all that expensive and has all types of fasteners in it.