air fork pressure setting for winter

today we have 30°F(-1°C) i check my fork air pressure and in both leg it was 30.5 psi . my last presure check 1 day ago when the themp was around 50°F(10°C) was 34psi . the first thought was that i have lost air , but i done more search and i underestand that during winter or when it get colder sir become condence in the fork and we can have a decrease in air presure .

now my main question is that , what happen if i set my air presure to 34 now and next day we get 40-50 °F !? will i damage my air fork valving or ... !?

what about going in MX track and during the practice the air presure inside the fork rising up !? should i keep my fork air pressure low in the winter !?  

They do lose air over time , just set it before you ride

21 minutes ago, mog said:

They do lose air over time , just set it before you ride

in cold weather air get condense , so if the next day temperature rise then i may have 36 or up in my fork !? 

Set the air in the temp you are suppose to ride. If you had it in a heatet van on your way to the track, then set in the van before taking bike out and ride below freezing point for sure pressure will drop, or not increase.

1 hour ago, AEES said:

Set the air in the temp you are suppose to ride. If you had it in a heatet van on your way to the track, then set in the van before taking bike out and ride below freezing point for sure pressure will drop, or not increase.

hej son, i have my bike in a heated garage , but i will put in in an open trailer and will go to Uringe banna , so it will be pretty cold in the way :D .

should i set the air pressure in the garage !? and then ride . or i just go to the track set it to 34psi and check it before each run? and remove some air before i put it in heated garage.

Check it before you ride

It will only fluctuate a few psi with a temperature change.....roughly 1 psi for every 10 degrees.  You're not going to damage anything with high pressure when it warms up.  

Edited by hrpufinstuff
13 minutes ago, hrpufinstuff said:

It will only fluctuate a few psi with a temperature change.....roughly 1 psi for every 10 degrees.  You're not going to damage anything with high pressure when it warms up.  

tanx that was my concern . 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now