Hello everbody. After riding Harleys for over 20 years I got wise and bought a '17 crf450x and two '17 crf150f's for the kids. The only problem I am having is carrying around all the regret that I didn't buy a dirt bike 20 years ago. I am head over heels in love with my bike (I seriously think my wife is getting jealous.) I know it's new to me but there is nothing I enjoy more than riding the local trails, washing, and doing what little maintenance I have done. Thanks everbody for all the shared info here. I have spent a lot of time reading different threads and I am very impressed with the depth of knowledge many of you have. I look forward to learning more about my machine and hope to contribute to this forum in the near future.

Anything you can do w/ your kids & everyone is having a great time...it's worth it!! Now go get your wife a CRF150F & you'll be able to include here in some great memories!!:usa::usa:

I tried! She shows no interest. I even suggested 4 wheels but it's not her thing. Even though she seems a jealous of my new relationship, it makes her happy to see us happy. Plus, it will give her ammo when she goes shopping and buys the things she buys. How's that saying go? Happy wife, broke husband?

I showed my kids my love for trail riding when they where around 7 and 8, they still ride to this day. The wife never really got into it, she enjoyed the quiet time when I took them riding

Welcome to the addiction

Congrats! New CRF 450X owner here too. Also got my boy a nice 100F so we can ride the trails here behind my house here in AZ. They are both 2006 models. His little bike is in mint condition, while mine is not so much. I bought it for pretty cheap non running and it’s been an education, to say the least, working on it the last couple of weeks. Finally got it running pretty good this evening, so really stoked!

Now we need to learn how to ride these things. Both of us are motorcycle noobs. My son has been practicing in the driveway and getting gradually better. He’s only run into the house once so far :/

Congrats! New CRF 450X owner here too. Also got my boy a nice 100F so we can ride the trails here behind my house here in AZ. They are both 2006 models. His little bike is in mint condition, while mine is not so much. I bought it for pretty cheap non running and it’s been an education, to say the least, working on it the last couple of weeks. Finally got it running pretty good this evening, so really stoked!
Now we need to learn how to ride these things. Both of us are motorcycle noobs. My son has been practicing in the driveway and getting gradually better. He’s only run into the house once so far :/

Well, hopefully your son, bike and house are ok. The first couple times out with the kids I spent a lot of time helping pick up their bikes but they seem to be learning pretty quick and having a blast.
Buying a CRF450X that doesn't run is definitely one way to learn and get to know your bike. You probably have more patients than me. It almost drove me crazy looking at my bike sit in the garage for a week while I waited for my riding gear to arrive. Best of luck and congrats on the new bikes!