between the x'es

so MX is over and SX hasn't started and I was looking for a fix when I stumbled on to the complete (2016) series of the Canadian MX.

I started to binge watch, and enjoyed the fact that I already knew many of the riders.

but then I started to notice that this series seems more "real" (for lack of a better word) to me than the AMA series. The tracks look faster, less jumpy, and more like what I grew up on. find a piece of ground, stick up some hay bales, and start roostin...

this series may not have the top dogs, but the racing is closer and in ways more exciting to watch.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Links, man,  like hdr says we need links... 

round 1, and who is that on the green bike ?

• Like 4

Found the CMRC Pro series a several years ago, previous season usually gets posted over the winter, Personal opinion - throw back to our mid 80's tracks, more authentic to the original GP, 70's - 80's National style tracks. (Yep I was there) Seems to be almost the old privateer oriented series with a lot of shop sponsored riders, close racing, more natural featured tracks than here. And YES the announcers are far and away better than Langston and THAT OTHER LOSER. Comments like "he got hosed" "racing out in the single malt" show more enthusiasm and they're both X riders and right on top of the action. Not to forget the Smokin' hot Rockstar chicks they feature all the time. Makes this long winter on the frozen tundra a little more tolerable for sure.6567215095_4aec577794_b.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 87' CR 5003 said:

Found the CMRC Pro series a several years ago, previous season usually gets posted over the winter, Personal opinion - throw back to our mid 80's tracks, more authentic to the original GP, 70's - 80's National style tracks. (Yep I was there) Seems to be almost the old privateer oriented series with a lot of shop sponsored riders, close racing, more natural featured tracks than here. And YES the announcers are far and away better than Langston and THAT OTHER LOSER. Comments like "he got hosed" "racing out in the single malt" show more enthusiasm and they're both X riders and right on top of the action. Not to forget the Smokin' hot Rockstar chicks they feature all the time. Makes this long winter on the frozen tundra a little more tolerable for sure.6567215095_4aec577794_b.jpg

Sweet Jesus,  that brunette!!!!:worthy:

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Mongo134
      Just stumbled onto this. Damn.... Two kids now. Not much if an interview.

• By fudgypup
      Garrett Poucher and Skyler Howes of Garrett Offroad Racing are headed to Dakar!  These US privateers are headed there for their first times but Skyler is fresh off a victory at last week's Baja Rally, won the Sonora Rally in March and this team placed third in the Baja 1000.

They have a fundraising link set up and could use your help.
      I raced with Garrett at Baja Rally last year and then both of them at Sonora and was honored to pit with them as well.  They're both super guys and work their assess off.  I think they both have good chances of not only finishing the 11 days of Dakar but placing well.
      They're doing some rally training events this Sat, Oct 20 in Santa Clarita, CA and then another Oct 28th in St. George Utah so if you've ever considered learning rally raid navigation, this is your chance!  It's a lot of fun too.  More info on that at the link.
    • By kxrob
      Hi Guys ,
      I'm in Australia and i am going to stream RBSR online , Red Bull site says start is 11:30 AEST ( Australian eastern standard time ) on the 20th Saturday
      which i don't think is correct . if it is on the 20th of Oct in the U.S at 1:30pm (racing must be about 4-5 pm) start on Saturday and Australia being 17 hours ahead wouldn't that make it a Sunday the 21st broadcast ? 
    • By FastLane17
      Growing up, seeing motovans at the track was possibly one of the coolest things.. while I was sleeping in my singlecab pickup. But hey, at the time, in highschool, my truck was cooler than some van. Now at this "age" 24... a van is quite a dang good idea, so I started looking. After a few facebook pots, a buddy of mine knew someone who had a 2001 E350 Passenger van sitting, and would get me a price. he told me it needed a radiator, and the spark plug blew out of cylinder 4 (common 5.4 triton issue). A few days go by, and he calls saying I can have it for FREE! they just needed it gone! So, I go out there with a friend of mine who has a 30ft gooseneck, and some starting fluid to make sure I don't get in too deep... we cant get it to fire without starting fluid, and ruled it out to a fuel pump. We pull the van on the trailer, stop by the parts store, and are headed home.

The van was sitting stationary for 4 years... and smelled like it. but we'll get back there.. We dropped the tank, having to cut one of the tank straps and emptied the 4 year old fuel, put a new fuel pump in it, about 5 gallons of premium race fuel (fast and furious), and she fired up.  Next was the spark plug issue, I tapped the threads, and installed a helicoil along with new plug and coil pack, and we were good. Later I replaced the radiator after flushing the coolant system.

The next day, we pulled out everything behind the first row bench seats, to include the headliner, rear AC duct, and side panels. Had to cut out the old seat belt mounts, and reinstalled the last bench where the first bench originally resided, since it was longer, but a few inches back to have optimal leg room. Then came the wall install... after lots of measuring once and cutting twice... I got it all figured out, and had the wall installed, then yellow stuffed "expanding foam" around all sides to ensure I wouldn't have fuel fumes in the cab. Finally I installed some flooring, just to give the bare metal some protection.

After that, I was king of burned out on the van, before I even used it. She sat in my driveway for months before I was ticketed for having an unregistered vehicle parked outside.. gotta love florida.. I posted it forsale for a few days, then decided I would getRdone.

So, off to the DMV, registered, and custom plates reading "MOTOVAN". Picked up a heavy duty cargo lock, fuel treatment, tons of black ice "little trees", and some R-134 to recharge the AC. She was making her first trip to the track that weekend!

We changed the oil, 1,000 miles and 3 years overdue... only 2qts came out.. and sea foamed the green monster. After driving all over town, I parked in the driveway for a second, only to try to move it, and nothing on start up... not even after a jump.. so back to the parts store for a starter. After one of the worst starter jobs ever, she was cranking again. I figured we were problem free... but not before a brake line failed, and had to replace that guy, in order to take her to the track in 2 days!

Finally! we were all clear, and we loaded three bikes into the van, and we were off! Two bikes is preferred.. but three worked, juts had to put most of the gear in the cab. Was a great day of riding, before a buddy crashed and ended the day with a concussion and a few compressed vertebrae..

The van made another trip out this past weekend, and developed a new misfire, that ill be taking care of this week, and rechargeing the whole AC system since ill be sleeping in it this weekend for my first race in years!

I will add some photos off my phone in a bit, until then, here is my youtube channel I created for the motovan!

• By Mongo134
      2019 Supercross season is near. Your "flavor fave" just took the MEC after being waved bye for the win.
      Same bet as last year..... $100 max customized jersey of your choice. First come first serve, but your ass BETTER pay up as others have to Mongo.
      I'm only taking the first "real" bet that approves my wager.... Tomac vs. the field 2019 SUPERCROSS. . He wins, you win. He looses, I win...... Who is the first taker? Anybody have the testicular fortitude?