So since were getting closer to the start of the season I'm curious what you yamaboys thunk successs looks like for factory Yamaha.   A few years ago you guys were saying that Yamaha would be killing KTM by note because Fungey would be retired (he is) and Yamaha would have moved up their team of young rider's at the time to the 450.  But they've all bailed except 1. 

So here we are,  what did a successsful season look like.  I know the mantra, the key to successs is low expectations.   

Go. 

Your obsessed.

2 minutes ago, Smokey-McCringleberry said:

Your obsessed.

that's "you're" :lol:

troll-768x431.jpg

6 minutes ago, BBA said:

that's "you're"

Oh...

(nibble, nibble)

A successful season for me would be Webb making some podiums fairly regularly. 

I wish Yamaha would have brought Plessinger up to the Big Leagues,  not that he's ready, he's not,  but because he's a big boy on that 250f, and will struggle because of it.

I expect similar results to last year.  I don't see anyone coming up who really looks to make a splash.

It's hard to imagine Tomac and Musquin up top, and if Anderson can avoid injuries and issues with riders heading to the pits, he should be a top 3 guy, especially if Musquin or Tomac stumble.

Webb will probably be a top 5 guy barring injury (which he hasn't barred in the last few seasons), and Barcia likely a top 10 guy.  Barcia did well on the Yamaha a few years ago, but until he shows that he can get though a season healthy, past performance will probably indicate how his season will look this year.  If he can avoid injury throughout the course of a season, no reason to think he won't improve toward the top five with some strong finishes.  But, if he's constantly coming back from injury then he'll struggle.

A Yamaha with Dungey, Villopoto, Tomac or Musquin aboard would probably do just as well once set up right as a Kawasaki or a KTM would.  But, a Yamaha with Barcia on board will not do as good as a KTM with Musquin on board over the course of a season, no brainer there.

I'm sure Webb will beat those two a few times this year, though.

42 minutes ago, Smokey-McCringleberry said:

Your obsessed.

You know what it really boils down to is the few always saying I was wrong,  its not the bike,  its not the team blah blah blah it's the riders...  in a couple years they'll be killing it.  

And yet here we are, nothing has changed for them.   And very little seems to have changed for KTM as well.  Sure Dungey is retired, but they're still Berri much in the hunt for ever title this year,  250/450, you name it,  they stand as good of a chance as anyone at winning... 

I think Webb podiums a few times, maybe even gets a win. I think finishing top 5 would be possible and a realistic goal.

my guess is that MM is going to be on the top of the box, Tomac and Anderson close behind, so the best Yamaha is going to place is 4th. but who knows, a crash, a DNF, a "stomach issue", the list of variables is loooooonnnnnggggg....

1 minute ago, daled said:

my guess is that MM is going to be on the top of the box, Tomac and Anderson close behind, so the best Yamaha is going to place is 4th. but who knows, a crash, a DNF, a "stomach issue", the list of variables is loooooonnnnnggggg....

But the question is whay does successs look like for them?  1 rider in the top 5, two in the top 10?  Two riders in the top 10? 

A couple wins?

10 podiums? 

2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

But the question is whay does successs look like for them?  1 rider in the top 5, two in the top 10?  Two riders in the top 10? 

A couple wins?

10 podiums? 

no way to predict that, but I will predict that a blue bike will podium at most sand tracks...

We're likely to see Musquin drop off the pace for a round or two after Southwick, tightening up the points a little bit.  He tends to get some sand in his vagina, which can be painful.

2 minutes ago, daled said:

no way to predict that, but I will predict that a blue bike will podium at most sand tracks...

What is there one sand track?  Lol

I just tend to think a team that knows they don't have a shot at a title still has goals asks a stick to measure successs.   I would think Yamaha wants Stu leeway 2 wins and 12 podiums if both stay healthy.   That may seem a tall order  bit winning aint easy,  and that's not"winning the whole deal".  

10 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

What is there one sand track?  Lol

I just tend to think a team that knows they don't have a shot at a title still has goals asks a stick to measure successs.   I would think Yamaha wants Stu leeway 2 wins and 12 podiums if both stay healthy.   That may seem a tall order  bit winning aint easy,  and that's not"winning the whole deal".  

With the powerhouse team of Webb and Barcia, I don't think it's realistic to win every round.  But, with those two, think 10 overall wins and two down races is probably a good yardstick  for Yamaha to start with.

Anyone that makes a prediction is playing right into KTrollMRider's hands.

If your expectations are high and Yamaha misses, he will troll you.

If you make the expectations low, he will troll you by insisting low expectations = Yamaha's bikes suck.

In the meantime KTM floods the field with white / orange bikes and plays the numbers game.

6 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Anyone that makes a prediction is playing right into KTrollMRider's hands.

If your expectations are high and Yamaha misses, he will troll you.

If you make the expectations low, he will troll you by insisting low expectations = Yamaha's bikes suck.

In the meantime KTM floods the field with white / orange bikes and plays the numbers game.

The only goons I call out for low expectations are you guys who said they'd be killing it by now.  You guys were so hot to trot over webb that your mouths wrote checks he and Yamaha can't cash.  I'm just here to remind you boys how wrong you were all those years ago.   

Not to mention the guys that bailed on the blue bomber

People have already made predictions and I haven't harassed them about it.  

Edited by KTMRider4Life
2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

The only goons I call out for low expectations are you guys who said they'd be killing it by now.  You guys were so hot to trot over webb that your mouths wrote checks he and Yamaha can't cash.  I'm just here to remind you boys how wrong you were all those years ago.   

People have already made predictions and I haven't harassed them about it.  

All those years ago?!?!

You mean, last year??? :rolleyes:

Just now, MANIAC998 said:

All those years ago?!?!

You mean, last year??? :rolleyes:

And the year before, year before that,  so on and so forth.  I've been at this a while brah