2007 YZ250 good deal or no?

Found a 2007 yz250 on craigslist for 2650. Guy said he would take 2400 but i asked if he would 2300(thinking about it). Anyways. He says it has a new cylinder and top end. What do i need to be on the lookout for?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RidingWithStyle said:

Found a 2007 yz250 on craigslist for 2650. Guy said he would take 2400 but i asked if he would 2300(thinking about it). Anyways. He says it has a new cylinder and top end. What do i need to be on the lookout for?

The usual on a used bike. Real good deal for an 07 in the CA or AZ market.

• Like 1

The usual on a used bike. Real good deal for an 07 in the CA or AZ market.

Very good deal in the nc/sc market lol. People here want 4k+ for a tricked 03 cr250. People are crazy. Im selling my 06 yz250f for it hopefully tomorrow.
  • Like 1

Ohio, you can't buy a titled 00 yz250 for that. You either race here or woods ride. Racing no matter on title, woods need to be registered and stickered thru dmv

• Like 2

Buy it :thumbsup: Race it :ride: then pick your trophies up before you leave :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Buy it :thumbsup: Race it :ride: then pick your trophies up before you leave :rolleyes: 

Yep yep, only a hand full are race champs! 95% are not! Either or it's a good deal

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Yep yep, only a hand full are race champs! 95% are not! Either or it's a good deal

Determination and a good platform is all you need. The yz250 is that even with its tranny woes :ride:

Does look good but it's been rode alot, no way of really Knowing! Good luck

He said the head was new as well as a top end. Sent me a video of it running and it sounded good in the video. I will go check out this weekend.
  • Like 1

Does look good but it's been rode alot, no way of really Knowing! Good luck

Yeah its obv been rode alot. Its an 07. My current bike i bought it and had a lot of scuffs and stuff all over the frame and covers. Ended up powdercoating the covers and polishing the frame and it looked brand new. I always take all the plastics and stuff off my bikes after i buy them, also clean them really well to get to know them. I had my 250f an hour after i bought it in 2 billion pieces. Lol

Terrible deal, i would definitely pass,  P.S. could you share the ad with me in a PM and guys phone #... you know... just out of curiosity.  :devil:

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, RidingWithStyle said:

Guy sent me more pics of the bike. Hope it runs as good as it looks..... IMG_0485.jpgIMG_0484.jpgIMG_0490.jpgIMG_0491.jpg

What's going on with the petcock 

• Like 2

Terrible deal, i would definitely pass,  P.S. could you share the ad with me in a PM and guys phone #... you know... just out of curiosity.  :devil:

Ha lol. I can give you some numbers to some guys who believe a 03 cr250 is worth 4k+???
  • Like 1

^ thanks but i don't need any help in that department, everywhere i look as it is. 

What's going on with the petcock 

Idk. I can ask him tomorrow. I had something similar on my rm85 i pitbiked around. It might be a highflow petcock?

^ thanks but i don't need any help in that department, everywhere i look as it is. 

Lol your telling me. Some of these people arent even trying to sell their bike. The ones with the emails only are the ones that make me want to punch a hole in my laptop. Especially when its a good deal.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RidingWithStyle said:

Asked him and he said its the 1st one he has seen as well. Its literally on or off.

:facepalm: